SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I managed to scrape up my right side rocker cover skirt on my vert this weekend;oops:. In looking at my options, it looks like I can get a new black one (car is black) if they are still available new for a little more than $200. I might be able to repair it and repaint it but not sure it will be worth the effort. Does anyone have experience refinishing this part? It will require some type of filler and sanding etc.. What is type of plastic is the skirt made from in case I decide to go the repair route.

I'll post a photo later.

·
Registered
466 Posts
So I managed to scrape up my right side rocker cover skirt on my vert this weekend;oops:. In looking at my options, it looks like I can get a new black one (car is black) if they are still available new for a little more than $200. I might be able to repair it and repaint it but not sure it will be worth the effort. Does anyone have experience refinishing this part? It will require some type of filler and sanding etc.. What is type of plastic is the skirt made from in case I decide to go the repair route.

I'll post a photo later.

I broke mine on xmas day. nice one!
I considered fixing it myself but then didn't want to bother going through the trouble for what it was.

I finally found it in red last week! But now, I'm trading in the car.

If you look hard enough you can find one for about $100 CDN or US.
Any scrap yards you can go take it off the car yourself, they should let you walk with it for around $50.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts