SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 01 Aero for about 9 months now.

Someone told me that my mirrors are heated, yet i've never seen them defrost any ice.

My defroster doesn't work, nor do my back seat seat-warmers. Front works great

I've checked the fuse and it seems fine.

I know the previous owner replaced the mirror because it was cracked.
could a loose connection from the mirror cause all of the electrical not to work?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It only comes on with the rear window defroster, try kicking it on and feeling the mirrors, they will be warm to the touch.

You can check for the connectors by pushing the mirror all the way out and looking behind it on the side closest to the car, it should have two connectors about 1/2" apart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only comes on with the rear window defroster, try kicking it on and feeling the mirrors, they will be warm to the touch.

You can check for the connectors by pushing the mirror all the way out and looking behind it on the side closest to the car, it should have two connectors about 1/2" apart.
I'll try that to see if the connectors are out. Will them not being connected cause the rear defroster not to work, or are they independent of each other?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Your rear defrost should continue to work. One of my mirrors won't heat up right now, but I know it can as it has worked before. Pop the mirror out and hit your rear defrost button and measure to see if you get any current across it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts