SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to keep the side marker lights on when the driving lights are turned on? I would assume some wiring would be involved. Just wonder if it would be worth the trouble. Thx!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Maliberti said:
Hmmmm
mine only acts as a blinker, never stays on.
I think they're talking about the orange lights on the front bumper, the lights that the euro style bumper strips don't have...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was talking about the side marker lights, which are not on the bumper. Mine too, only goes only when using the turn signal. I've seen a few cars, I think BMWs, have them on while driving at night. Maybe that's a dealer issue as with the DRLs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Maliberti said:
Ok, stopped by the dealer on my way in to work he told me they are suppose to be like that.
Thanks. I knew that they're supposed to be like that, though. I wanted to know if that can be changed to where they stay on when the lights are turned on (not DRLs) as I've seen a few other cars have.

·
Registered
409 Posts
9-3 Aviateur said:
Thanks. I knew that they're supposed to be like that, though. I wanted to know if that can be changed to where they stay on when the lights are turned on (not DRLs) as I've seen a few other cars have.
You could switch the wiring so that the signal for the bumper lights goes to the side marker bulb and vice-versa. This way you'd have blinkers on the bumper and solid side markers. Assuming the bulbs are the same i.e. draw the same current.

However, I'm not quite sure under what circumstances the bumper lights are on (I don't have them) - I'm assuming when the headlights are on, the bumper lights are on?

·
Registered
307 Posts
In the US we have marker lights that go on with the lights on the front bumper. I got rid of mine like lot of the guys here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts