SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
its_tricky83 said:
Really stupid question probably for my 1991 9000 CD Turb?
How do I remove my side indicators to change the globes.
(NOT the headlights or rear lights)
just pull :)

Allthough I can't garantuee they won't break after 14 years.

They 'stick' on one side into the panel, and have a sort of a spring clip on the other side. When I replaced mine, one of them shattered in my hand :roll:

·
Registered
183 Posts
johncc said:
Are we talking about side repeaters, or front corner indicators here?
:confused:
when it are the side repeaters, it is like djtaylor and myself describe

when it are the corner lights,
open the bonnet
reach from behind towards the side of a corner indicator (from the inside) and lossen the spring there. Then you can just pull the whole indicator out to the front

·
Registered
731 Posts
Oh that's cool :) I have some of the clear side repeaters to go on, and I haven't done them because I assumed I had to remove the wheelarch liners...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
No John, takes oh about 1 minute per side as long as you can get the connector off the back easily enough. Here, just taken these for you.

Push forwards towards the front of the car

Push back to the rear and remove the front

Pop out and unplug :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
djtaylor said:
(I need to polish behind the repeater too don't I?!)
:cheesy: - That would be the ultimate in polishing finesse - I even polish the underside of the bonnet/hood and underneath the doors (the bit on the door facing the ground) - but maybe that's a good idea (would certainly make polishing round them less of a problem...

(Just don't loose the connector inside the wing! :eek: )

Mark
:cheesy:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks! You almost make it look easy :) Could this really be the only job which actually *is* as easy as it sounds? We'll see!

·
Registered
183 Posts
johncc said:
Thanks! You almost make it look easy :) Could this really be the only job which actually *is* as easy as it sounds? We'll see!
it would be much easier when Djtaylor comes over to you and does it for you ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I didn't realise that was part of his colour Haynes manual service too :) :cheesy: Perhaps while polishing behind the repeater for me before refitting, he could accidentally polish the rest of the car too?

Your in hope, etc...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts