SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been reading up on side airbags in the WIS and I found an interesting field. It's the resistance values for the side airbags: min = 0, max = 6.6. Now I've been wanting to ditch the stock seats in favor of some recaros for a while now and this info has me wondering if a simple resistor will help me not trip an airbag light. I still wish to retain the driver and passenger airbags, but the seats just have to go and I'm not retrofitting the airbags into anything, I already had a hard time making NG900 seats with no airbags work with the airbags on my friend's 9-3 and I still don't feel that what we did is safe. Does anyone know if a resistor will indeed solve my headaches?

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Yep, a resistor is all you need. That's what Saab used to sell you if you bought one of their airbag deactivation kits for the front airbags.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great! I was afraid it was some of that computerized high-tech voodoo crap... now I just need to find a local shop to retrofit the heating elements into the recaros. I love my heated seats...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Does anyone know what the proper resistor to use is? I am thinking about doing Recaro's in the Viggen at some point down the road and would have to bypass the seat airbags, but still want a functioning steering wheel bag and dash airbag without any SRS lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts