SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting around to repairing the SID in my 03 SE Convertible. I see a ton of different ribbon cables available on eBay. Can anyone recommend a reliable source for these? I would want a kit with the heating iron, but also a vendor where I could buy just the cable as I need to repair more than one unit, and also would like to have at least one extra cable in case I screw up.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
The previous owner of my 9-5 got a repair kit for that SID (which I think is similar) that uses a long metal clip to secure the ribbon cable. It also came with a replacement screen. I have no idea where he got these, but the fix worked--and continues to work--nicely.

It may be the kit down this page, that says "no soldering required" with metal clip included:
http://www.pixelfix.net/eng/saab.html

The nice thing is that the screen is done, and if you misalign the ribbon to the PCB board, you can realign it (but you'd rather not).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
jvanabra
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing