SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friend bought a 2001 9-3. Has push-button climate control (no heater dials). Car came with an SID1, 4 buttons (clear, up, down, night).
Should a 2001 model have an SID2 with the extra "set" button? Or what year/month did the SID switch occur from version 1 to 2?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
2 was always optional, but may have become standard in '02. Pretty sure it was all that was available in '03 as those were all highly optioned cars.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
FWIW, the friend can similarly upgrade if s/he likes. They are plug-n-play. The only caveat is that you need a SID from a convertible if they have a convertible (or someone with a Tech II to program it as such). Convertible SIDs work in convertibles or sedans.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
The more advanced SID has interesting extra features, but in eight or nine years, I've used the travel computer only once that I can recall.

What I do find useful is the fact that the super SID can act as a separate odometer, and average speed is kind of interesting.

For the basic features, the simpler SID is easier to use (in my opinion).

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Never thought of the extra odometer idea, but that's a good point. The trip functions are mostly superseded by GPS now.

I think I use DTE, MPG, Outside Temp (and std functions of radio, date, time). The other stuff is ignored.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts