SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only bulb that is blown is license plate light but the fuse for the right rear light and dash keeps blowing. took both bulbs out and fuse still won't hold. I saw a thread that said that this could be my rehostat. I had it fixed once by cleaning the contacts on the license plate lights but it went out when i went over a bump with my top down. Any suggestions or guesses would be welcome

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Check out your dashboard dimmer control (rheostat). There may be an erratic short there...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Could be one of the center brake lights has gone out. There are four little bulbs back there so if only one goes out, it can be hard to tell. Remove the liner from the trunk lid to gain access. Check for corrosion on the bulb bayonet connections and the "rail" they plug into. If corroded, cleanup the metal parts with sandpaper or steel wool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you so far

took out the rheostat and disconnected it then replaced the fuse the fuse held so i took the rheostat apart and put it back together also replaced one of the rear lights that was working erratacly time and the road conditions will tell if i have a permanent fix as this problem happens when I drive over large bumbs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts