SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my alarm kept going off for no reason. I could not even get it to stop alerting. My neighbors were probably irate.lol It was totally frustrating. After a few minutes of driving with the alarm going off it stopped screamin. The whole time this was happening my SID said Check Alarm. What could be causing this? It my 01 9-3 vert

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Last night my alarm kept going off for no reason. I could not even get it to stop alerting. My neighbors were probably irate.lol It was totally frustrating. After a few minutes of driving with the alarm going off it stopped screamin. The whole time this was happening my SID said Check Alarm.Here, the Sid is not lying, but it is being far too vague. What could be causing this? It my 01 9-3 vert
Check the voltages of all the involved batteries.
I'd give it a lot of thought; go to the dealer and see of this troublesome "feature" can be disabled.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119891

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will this work for the 9-3 or is is specific to the 900? I will try it. Only my alarm sounds. car starts fine but the alarm wont turn off. It is very random too.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
IIRC, the 9-3s have a reminder message on the SID to change the batteries in the remote. I wonder if that's what you're getting. If so, it may not have anything to do with the alarm going off. There are also rechargable batteries in the alarm unit that may need to be replaced... Ron

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I do not know, the alarm system is in constant state of change, model to model, year to year., there are people here who do know them better than I..
The battery voltage diminishes and strange things happen..This is where I'd start.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IIRC, the 9-3s have a reminder message on the SID to change the batteries in the remote. I wonder if that's what you're getting. If so, it may not have anything to do with the alarm going off. There are also rechargable batteries in the alarm unit that may need to be replaced... Ron

I definitely need a new battery in my remote. I can only arm/disarm from 10 inches away:p. I can give that a try. Simple enough.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
But it's an alarm based on a time period (maybe a year) and not based on RF signal strength. Your remote batteries may be fine. It's just like saying to change you smoke detector batteries on New Years Day, or whenever they run those commercials... Ron

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Will this work for the 9-3 or is is specific to the 900? I will try it. Only my alarm sounds. car starts fine but the alarm wont turn off. It is very random too.
For the time being, pull the alarm fuse. The alarm will only sound, when the fuse is pulled, if it is activated and you attempt to start the car. In other words, this should prevent the random sounding of the alarm until you get it fixed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the fuse 23? And will this only remove the sound? Will I still be able to remote lock and unlock?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm not positive on the remote lock and unlock. If it doesn't work you can just pop the fuse back in. As to the number, check the card on the door of the fuse box. - I did this about 2 years ago, so i forget the fuse number. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Alarm troubles

The alarm box that was in my 9-5 woudl do that and it indicated that the internal battery in teh alarm black box was bad and a replacement of the module was needed. $385.00 later for the part, the annoying false alarms have ceased. They say you can open the box up yourself and change the battery, but I was not up to the "kitchen table surgery".

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I think Im more up to the kitchen table surgery than the $385:D
That's the spirit!- a true Saab owner

This week i'll be replacing my hood, driver's fender, and shifter. To be clear i haven't done anything remotely like this before. My brand-new master's torx set should be arriving on Wednesday, possibly sooner.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I replaced the battery in my remote but I still have to be right next to the car for the doors to unlock / lock. What could be causing this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts