SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
raquettelaker2 said:
Same happened to me. I would just cough up the $70 and send it to BBA-Reman and have it done right the first time.
I'll just use it as a temporary measure for now. I only have three days until we head out.

·
Registered
432 Posts
raquettelaker2 said:
Same happened to me. I would just cough up the $70 and send it to BBA-Reman and have it done right the first time.
Yeah, im going to get a good used one on eBay and then send it out to BBA. Im gonna send the Kramer one back so he can put it where the sun doesnt shine!

·
Registered
65 Posts
go4gr8 said:
I'll just use it as a temporary measure for now. I only have three days until we head out.
Okay..so I tried the DIY..it didn't work..probably too many passes with the iron.

I did the first try with just two quick passes and brought back the clock, but the other pixels were still braile. And the second try I did a few more passes and the clock disappeared..then I tried putting in cardboard, but still nothing.

Looks it it was FUBR before I even attempted it.

It's BBA for me now - though it'll have to wait until I get back.

·
Registered
409 Posts
BBA Prices

How are you folks getting a price of $69 plus $5 shipping from BBA? I went to the site and when go to My Cart it's giving me $69 plus $35 shipping, total $104.
Thanks....

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had heard that too but I don't see them anywhere on Ebay anymore.....

Ok found it on ebay, why it came up through a google search but not an ebay search is a mystery. They are quoting $69 plus $20 for shipping.....It's not a huge amount of money but if there's a way to get the shipping down to $5 I sure like to know...

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Josdek said:
I had heard that too but I don't see them anywhere on Ebay anymore.....

Ok found it on ebay, why it came up through a google search but not an ebay search is a mystery. They are quoting $69 plus $20 for shipping.....It's not a huge amount of money but if there's a way to get the shipping down to $5 I sure like to know...
With my ABS module, I just mailed it to them uninsured ($5?). They called me then charged my credit card. The return shipping was much more as they insure it and probably use some prepaid fedex box or something like it....

·
Registered
668 Posts
Josdek said:
How are you folks getting a price of $69 plus $5 shipping from BBA? I went to the site and when go to My Cart it's giving me $69 plus $35 shipping, total $104.
Thanks....
I had the same issue with the website with the shipping prices. Best thing to do is print and fill out that form they have on the site(repair invoice) and send it in. Once They have is fixed which is only in a couple of days, they will call you and ask how you want it shipped back. Mine cost $69 plus $10 to ship back to me(which i got back the next day). They do top notch work and do it fast. Also they do accept Paypal. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I sent mine to him...he took me to collections! He fixed my SID just fine and replaced a lamp for one of the buttons and called about a week after i got it back and said i owed him ten dollars (the fact that he didnt call to ask if it was alright and inform me about the charge was annoying, but whatever). I say okay, i mail him a check and he cashes it. Then, about a month or so later, i get a letter from a COLLECTIONS AGENCY. Never in my life! :evil: I call the collection agency first since at this point i probably couldn't be nice to Kramer at the time and dealt with it with the agent. I mail them a copy of the cashed check from my bank statement and that's that, but jeez, sending me to collections over ten bucks? Try paying better attention to your books.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I woudl cal lthe IRS on him, fairs fair. I am sure he is dong this as a home business and may not be declaring everything...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ethan - the owner. Seems to be an absolute crook! As my SID gets worse he still will not do anything about it. Im going to report him to his local BBB this week. He needs to be put out of business.

·
Registered
409 Posts
BBA Experience

Just got mine back from BBA -- it's perfect. $69 plus $20 for shipping (covers both directions). Took a little over a week. I had attempted to repair mine and by the time I was finished with my little experiment the only thing visible was the clock and the ribbon was about 50% removed from the board. They put a sticker over the back that says if you tamper with this sticker the warranty is void. It's driving me nuts....I'm dying to know how they fixed it.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Josdek said:
Just got mine back from BBA -- it's perfect. $69 plus $20 for shipping (covers both directions). Took a little over a week. I had attempted to repair mine and by the time I was finished with my little experiment the only thing visible was the clock and the ribbon was about 50% removed from the board. They put a sticker over the back that says if you tamper with this sticker the warranty is void. It's driving me nuts....I'm dying to know how they fixed it.....
Come on pull it, everyone wants to know! :cheesy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I have been reading this thread regarding SID repairs and just wanted to thank all the Saab fanatics for sending their units to us for repair. As I plan on placing an advert on this site soon, I won't 'big up' myself in this thread. All I will say is keep a look out for Saab Display Repairs (UK based). We always replace the screen and ribbon cable with a new modified screen/ ribbon assembly and offer a realistic lifetime guarantee. :D

Watch this space!!!:lol:

Bye for now,

Simon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't let the fact that we are UK based put you off, our prices compare to others mentioned here (including postage) - I don't want to break any rules by advertising, so you'll have to wait for our advert. All I will say is that we replace the screen & ribbon on both 9-3/ 9-5 SID's & 9-3 ACC units.:cheesy:

Regards

Simon

21 - 40 of 157 Posts