SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barely lights up, and only partial numbers and letters show. How could I go about fixing this? Also, is everyone positive there isn't a way to just use a regular CD player install kit and make it fit?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You probably just have pixels burnt out, do a search and you will see this is a very common problem and its not too hard to repair yourself.

As for the cd player, go to genuinesaab.com and buy the fill kit and wiring harness. Unless you want to save a couple bucks and make your own fill kit, I think you can use a VW wiring harness as well (don't quote me on it though).

Neither one of the above jobs are all that complicated. I've done both

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
stamonkey said:
You probably just have pixels burnt out, do a search and you will see this is a very common problem and its not too hard to repair yourself.

As for the cd player, go to genuinesaab.com and buy the fill kit and wiring harness. Unless you want to save a couple bucks and make your own fill kit, I think you can use a VW wiring harness as well (don't quote me on it though).

Neither one of the above jobs are all that complicated. I've done both

Seems like we have a identical cars too ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
stamonkey said:
I think you can use a VW wiring harness as well (don't quote me on it though).
I used a VW harness from bestbuy, didn't wanna wait to order one....it worked just fine, had to switch the ACC and the constant power wires if i remember correctlys (red and yellow)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts