SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SID is currently reading 55.1 MPG, i know saabs are supposed to get good gas but 55.1 is insane.....it goes up by .1 every 5-10 seconds or so and i can't imagine this is really my MPG, i've tried resetting my SID several times but it always starts at 1.0 and goes up by .1 there after.

Also my black panel only stops the illumination of my SID, and my dimmer switch only works for my buttons and SID (not the guages or climate control screen)
Any ideas?

Thankyou

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, atleast thats a normal number it stays at....i rember how happy i was when it started going up past 30 mpg but that excitment went away when it hit 50 mpg

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
ALowRider135 said:
My SID is currently reading 55.1 MPG, i know saabs are supposed to get good gas but 55.1 is insane.....it goes up by .1 every 5-10 seconds or so and i can't imagine this is really my MPG, i've tried resetting my SID several times but it always starts at 1.0 and goes up by .1 there after.

Also my black panel only stops the illumination of my SID, and my dimmer switch only works for my buttons and SID (not the guages or climate control screen)
Any ideas?

Thankyou
The dimmer switch rheostat is probable at least partially burned out.
A WIS(workshop info system) will be necessary for the rest of all your problems.
Maybe the Tech II can find something....at the dealers...
Has anyone worked on this area in the past ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
earthworm said:
The dimmer switch rheostat is probable at least partially burned out.
A WIS(workshop info system) will be necessary for the rest of all your problems.
Maybe the Tech II can find something....at the dealers...
Has anyone worked on this area in the past ?
Would a new switch solve this? or is there a way to test if this is the problem before I purchase a new one? or other things that i could test to rule them out? It worked when i got the car about a month ago.

Thanks
Stew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts