SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys i was wondering if any of you had the step by step process for restoring all the pixels on my SID? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks For The Info And Links I Will Give It A Try!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I have that link in my thread but I just clicked on iot and WTF!!!! It has nothing to do with SAAB. What's going on?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Some of these SOBs play dirty !

This Saab club of Seattle may not even exist.
The favotite is now erased.
No-Ads is handling the residue, the so-called searches...

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
earthworm said:
Some of these SOBs play dirty !

This Saab club of Seattle may not even exist.
The favotite is now erased.
No-Ads is handling the residue, the so-called searches...
I'm pretty sure it does. The website may have been hijacked or something. I'm deleting any links to them as well :cry:

Edit: Ok link removed

·
Registered
411 Posts
Trash???

Some stuff on this site is trash, please take the good from the bad..
TRASH??? :eek: ;oops: :cry:
Sorry for the el cheap-o website; it's our meager attempt at trying to keep the Seattle-area Saabists together... Not the best looking site, I know.
The site was down for a while, and looks like we got it back up. Try this link.
http://www.saabclubseattle.org/sid_repair.html

If you want to host the same info on your site, or even here, you're more than welcome to it. Just let me know in advance that you're using it :)

Cheers!
James

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Route246 said:
Sorry for the el cheap-o website; it's our meager attempt at trying to keep the Seattle-area Saabists together... Not the best looking site, I know.
The site was down for a while, and looks like we got it back up. Try this link.

If you want to host the same info on your site, or even here, you're more than welcome to it. Just let me know in advance that you're using it :)

Cheers!
James
Hey there, Actually I like the site myself :cheesy:

I found that tutorial useful enough to link people to your site. By the way, I put the link back in my thread.

I don't think EW meant the site was trash but rather some SID repair methods on diffrent sites could be trash and to use caution.

Your site was one of the first SAAB club sites I found after I got my car. The member's galary is great. My favorite was and is still Jeremy Rivas's Talladega. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :cheesy:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Route246 said:
Sorry for the el cheap-o website ..The first time I was your site, it was great !!! Then, as Hkayssi noted, some SOB may have hijacked it..for a time??
Now, it is great again...; it's our meager attempt at trying to keep the Seattle-area Saabists together... Not the best looking site, I know. It IS a good looking and informative site..
The site was down for a while during this time, the "hijacking" may have occurred... and looks like we got it back up. Try this link.

Cheers!
James
I am not computer literate, have no idea of how to establish a "site"..
I must apologize for the "trash" comment, this was caused by my ignorance of how these things work.

·
Registered
411 Posts
earthworm said:
I must apologize for the "trash" comment, this was caused by my ignorance of how these things work.
No worries EW - thank you fo rthe clarification. I must've just read it wrong - my apologies for the lopsided reaction ;oops:
Actually, it's a good motivator to spruce up the site ;)

I was, however, serious about the hosting of the write-up on other sites, too.
If any fellow Saaber (9-3, 9-5...) can benefit from it, please, by all means, spread the word - host, post, whatever it takes ;)

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I did a pictoral write up for the GM900 SID 2 repair some years ago, a similar process. If there's any interest, I'll put it up again.
HTH

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Zaphod Beeblebrox said:
I did a pictoral write up for the GM900 SID 2 repair some years ago, a similar process. If there's any interest, I'll put it up again.
HTH
Every contribution helps so please do. :cheesy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
9-3 SID repair

The link to the Seattle SAAB site with respect to the SID repair was great! My display was considerably worse than the one shown and I used the exect method shown, thanks for the "puzzle game" heads-up, and I had total success with 100 percent of my pixels back! Thanks very much, your instructions and photos were perfect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts