SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn on the parking lights the SID error: Rear Light Failure comes on, but as far as i can tell all the rear bulbs come on. Any suggestions? Thank you :)

X

·
0 Posts
Hello Steelixjr, welcome to Saab Central.

This has been a common problem in the 9-5. The Car senses the electrical resistance in the bulbs, if there is a variation it assumes that the bulb has blown. One of your bulbs is obviously at the end of its life. The fix is to change the bulbs, but you must do this as a pair.. Its a cheap fix and you can keep the old ones for emergency spares :)

Finn :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have exactly the same problem but all lights working. Haven't tried changing the bulbs but I'm sure it would work. Annoying...:(

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
This has been a common problem in the 9-5. The Car senses the electrical resistance in the bulbs, if there is a variation it assumes that the bulb has blown. One of your bulbs is obviously at the end of its life. The fix is to change the bulbs, but you must do this as a pair.;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
This has been a common problem in the 9-5. The Car senses the electrical resistance in the bulbs, if there is a variation it assumes that the bulb has blown. One of your bulbs is obviously at the end of its life. The fix is to change the bulbs, but you must do this as a pair.;):cheesy:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Had a similar problem on my 9000, perhaps its the same diagnosis for the 9-5. Apparently the car senses the electrical resistance in the bulbs, if there is a variation it assumes that the bulb has blown. One of your bulbs is obviously at the end of its life. The fix is to change the bulbs, but you must do this as a pair.;):cheesy::cheesy:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Andyaero said:
Had a similar problem on my 9000, perhaps its the same diagnosis for the 9-5. Apparently the car senses the electrical resistance in the bulbs, if there is a variation it assumes that the bulb has blown. One of your bulbs is obviously at the end of its life. The fix is to change the bulbs, but you must do this as a pair.;):cheesy::cheesy:
Is this the "how many elephants does it take to change a light bulb" joke? :cheesy:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Also make sure that there is no corrosion on the metalcontacts inside the bulbholder, and that the contacts apply enough pressure to the bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts