SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anywhere to buy a delete tray or panel for the SID, mine is broken and i can't repair it i'm too cheap to get a new one, and i find it to be useless info anyway. is there any vendors of either a little tray or a panel to cover the hole left by removing it, or any suggestions on how to make a delete panel possibly incorporating guages?

·
Registered
511 Posts
is there anywhere to buy a delete tray or panel for the SID, mine is broken and i can't repair it i'm too cheap to get a new one, and i find it to be useless info anyway. is there any vendors of either a little tray or a panel to cover the hole left by removing it, or any suggestions on how to make a delete panel possibly incorporating guages?
You can get them reman'd for under $100
I got mine fixed (actually I traded for a fixed one) last year, still going strong in this 100F+ desert climate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it controls the horn??? i had no ide i thought it was only a info display, like as in saab information display, SID. if it will disable things i may get a reman

·
Registered
258 Posts
i recently broke mine trying to fix it, i hate ribbons. The dimmer only works for lights that arent attached to the black out function and all my dash lights were waaaay to bright. No turn signal sounds or anything but the radio still worked. Picked one up from the junkyard for $30 and every pixel works on it. They guy gives me decent prices on stuff usually. i know theres atleast 1 more down there if you want me to check it out just let me know.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
mine was removed a good 2 years ago when i put gauges there. things that dont work:
the annoying door ajar beeping
the annoying turn signal *tick tick*
the annoying alert tones
the annoying warning messages like brake light failure which i would then promptly scream back they are LED bulbs you moron.
dimmer switch works for the after market gauges, just not the dash cluster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts