SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a post a while back about someone who had taken off the SID and changed the bulbs behind it to change the color of the text? Anyone know how I can do this or if I am even thinking of the right thing?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I don't remeber anyone changing the bulbs, but someone did put colored films behind the SID which changed the color to blue and green.

·
Registered
396 Posts
CleveSaab said:
I don't remeber anyone changing the bulbs, but someone did put colored films behind the SID which changed the color to blue and green.
That was me :cheesy:

I've reverted back to amber now though as my dashboard is generally more interesting than it once was...;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
wow that looks awsome :eek:

Do tell more....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
He's got a whole thread on it complete with pictures, search for it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ive toyed with this idea myself, and have tried a few things. I actually have a set of 4 blue leds of the right voltage, but i got tired of messing with it (and i couldnt read but a couple pixels after every fix known) and did a gauge panel :). I found that using filters, blue was simply too dark in the daytime. The leds had plenty of light, but i still had a couple kinks i hadnt worked out yet. If anyone wants to try this way let me know.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread;oops:

WsaaaBi: It is a 9-3 but this isn't a Saab navi system - it's custom built using a PC.

Cleve, thanks for the link to the old thread - enjoyed reading through it again :D

Although a lot of stuff there is now outdated, the project is evolving into something slicker and I will either update the old thread or start a new one.

Thanks for your comments :cheesy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stuart MC, how did you fixed the coloured film in the SID ? With a kind of adhesive tape,? Or without any glue?
(BTW, your new in-dash pc is AWESOME !!!)

·
Registered
181 Posts
hey stalker, whats the voltage of the LED's and what kind of problems did you run into....I as considering using bulb covers from summit....They're meant to be for gauges but i think they'd work for this application also.

·
Registered
919 Posts
14v, and the leds were too long, and since they have a narrower viewing angle than stocks the screen was 'splotchy'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts