SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting this message every time the car does its checks before I start engine.

I topped oil up yesterday, still said check oil level.

Today I flushed and refilled with fresh oil, correct amount went in and its on top of the dipstick so I thought ok.

SID STILL says check oil level, what next? Where is the sender? I cant see it on epc.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Section 0410, item 24 in the EPC, or search for "oil pressure sensor". Not sure how your model senses the oil "level", but the gasoline powered engines can have low oil pressure with plenty of oil

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Decision making time.

IMO, best to go full DIY, this involves the purchase of the repair manual - not only just to find the malfunctioning sensor, but the multitude of other things that are sure to ensue..
its either this $$$ or trips to the dealer and $$$$$.
An owner's manual, back in '63 would have covered this and all else, but now, I do not know...
Maybe, with the advent of ULSF(ultra low sulfur fuel), due in 2006, GM could start importing the Diesels....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully it was an easy fix, nothing more than a press and hold the clear button, like the time for service reset.
Phew, Im glad it wasnt a sump drop to fix level sensor, Ill keep a closer eye on dipstick from now on ;oops:
Thanks for replys, Kev.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Well, that is good news !

So, then, what is the oil consumption ? ; the Diesel oil should be changed every 3 to 4 months - about what I did with the Mercedes and VW oil burners.
Maybe in 2007 we will see the Diesel and its fantastic economy...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive never topped up in 8k miles. I think an hour run at 90/100mph on Thursday used some oil, but around town it doesnt seem to use any.
All nice and fresh now though, but with a 5.5l sump it can be lot of dosh putting sythetic in, esp when some brands come in 4 litres.
I used Millers XFD a diesel specific synthetic, seems good, and alot cheaper than known brands.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
'Been watching this thread, I'd not considered that the oil would be flagged by the SID like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts