SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a pipe dream. Having a spare brand new GM900 SID3 on the shelf - which needs repair -would be possible to make this unit work with a 9000, in one of the spare din cubby holes with a nifty bit of wiring and soldering?

The only reason I ask is because of the continuing dim one day, not dim the next dim (although these are outnumbered at the moment since the problem first arose)antics of the original clock computer and EDU, and the leds on the ACC, solved by a replacement, which some months down the line, has started to do the same.

If not, then I'll go the wire across the light sensor route. The rheostat is fine, BTW, and not the cause of the original problem

·
Registered
803 Posts
I imagine fitting a SID 1 would be possible, as it does the same stuff that the 9000's EDU does. But a SID 3, or even a SID 2 would be much more difficult. Mostly because of the additional functions and that they were designed to work with the DICE system. The coloring would be off too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.