SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sick SID FIXED

well yesturday i managed to naff up my SID completely :roll: i had a few dead pixels so i thought i would fix it the way i did 18 months ago, by using a ball point pen and scribing across the ribbon to re attatch it to the curcuit bourd, unfortunatly i used a ball point pen with too small a ball and i just cut the ribbon right off, so instead of having a few dead pixels i now have a very blank screan :evil:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
out of the darkness comes light :cheesy: :cheesy: after naffing up the SID i set about finding another one to replace it, well i found one, a breakers yard advertising on ebay had a 9-3 so i called them and bought one from them for £35 +p&p, this i couldnt beleive but ordered it any way :roll: not knowing what was going to turn up, when it arived today i opened it with intrepidation only to find ..................................SID2, yep not only did i find a SID for £35 it is a SID2 too :lol: how cool is that :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Are the SID2 and SID3 interchangeable? My car has a SID3, but I hardly use the extra functions. It would make it easier to find a used one.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure about the 900 but all the sid2 functions work in my 9-3 (9-3 sid 2 is equivalent to sid3 in the 900)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My sid id also dieing. How easy is it to remove? Whats the ball point pent trick you mentioned? Whats the difference between SiD 1, 2 and 3? I hane a 1999 9-3s whats this likely to have?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blue_saab said:
My sid id also dieing. How easy is it to remove? Whats the ball point pent trick you mentioned? Whats the difference between SiD 1, 2 and 3? I hane a 1999 9-3s whats this likely to have?

Thanks.
the 900 has sid 1,2,3, sid 1 is just temp and radio display sid 2 is the same as 9-3 sid 1 and sid 3 is the same as 9-3 sid 2. my pixels were dieing so i took sid apart and where the display bourd is connected to the circuit bourd by a ribbon, this ribbon comes loose on the circuit bourd so i drew a line with a bic ball point pen accross the joint, this worked for 18 months but the second time i tried i used a ball point pen that had a very fine tip and it cut the ribbon off

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arhh, i stand corrected :D

also sids from a 900 will not work in a 9-3, i know i tried :roll: as soon as i switched on the ign' my radiator fan came on and the display went wild :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts