SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WE WERE PUTTING IN A MOTOR IN MY 9000 So we decided to have some fun with it after tearing down the whole motor and replacing every seal possible we repainted and insstalled a metal head gasket and retorqued the head to an uprated torque spec to prevent the common lossening of head bolts.

check out the pics tell me what you think

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
pics

a few more pics

We are not done installing the motor probably about one more hour of work on monday and a few shots outside with more light will be taken the RED DI is now painted black with rubberized undercoating so it is black with texture. all other paints were OEM paint codes i found online

·
Registered
209 Posts
This little project should keep you busy for a bit ;)

The colour is err.....................very bright!:cheesy: what made you choose yellow for the block ?

What other plans have you got for it ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we started off making it like the local VW parts delivery car. they have every body panel a different color but i didnt want to paint the outside of my car so we figured we would do it under the hood. in this area all the vw's think they have the fastest car out so we figured we would build a 9000 that would be a sleeper. i have some ecu tuning done we flashed the ecu to the aero prior to the rebuild just for fun now that we have that down and have the metal head gasket the car running it is time for bigger injectors, exhaust, and the 3bar map sensor. we will hopefully drop in a 9.5 turbo so that the exhaust housing is like the 9.5 and will give more room for a smoother down pipe. so far the turbo looks as if it will fit from the test fit we did while the motor was out. the 9.5 turbo has a better map and is more efficient in the boost ranges i am looking for than my stock turbo. if anyone happens to have a mandrel pipe bender that they would like to give away feel free to call me lol. i would like a true 3inch mandrel bent exhaust.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new mods

i have installed my boost gauge hopefully will be able to post a pic also have a replacement turbo going in decided to do a td04 15T. drilled out and rethreaded the coolant and oil lines since the t25 lines are bigger so cooling will be slightly better. also added some more color to the engine bay painter the intake housing. soon to post pics of that prior to and after installation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts