SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I might have to do a full top replacement and get a new muffler, so I was wondering if I should just trade in my 95 900s vert for a a slightly newer turbo SE? It seems much easier to trade it in, plus my engine was rebuilt, so that wouldn't help for selling independently. Is there any sense to this? How much do you think it would cost me, my budget (not including the money from trade in is around $2000)

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Speaking as someone who has now traded in 2 S's for 2 SE's, I say go for it.
In hindsight I probably should have kept my NA convertible. It is/was-to-that-point the most trouble-free car I had. But trading in my hard top 94 S...aka the Money Pit... for my 98 SE coupe was a (so far) very wise move. :cool:

Check Autotrader. How do the prices look?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my parents won't let me get a turbo, so I guess we'll just have to pour money into the 900S.... but I'm still looking, because I just like to see my options :D The 3 verts that came up are 4500-5000. I would get max $3000 from trading in (and that is VERY optimistic, considering the history of my car, with the rebuilt engine, etc.) So thats like a net difference of 1500-2000, but I only have some money in the savings acct., certainly enough to pay the difference, but I'd rather pay out of pocket... I'm basically screwed here, rather not put money into my car now, and save up for a turbo, but I have to address this problem, as water damage can sometimes be severe... :x

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Who bought the car?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike saunders said:
Who bought the car?
It's the timeshare of the family... :D Me, my brother, and parents all chipped in. I'm the only one that ever drives it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts