SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody has a opinion, I have a Tune done by Vtuner on the Saab95ng, love the car but I accept its not getting any younger. Should I downgrade back to stock to ease up on the parts etc or am i talking out of my *** and a stage 0 tune doesn't shorten or stress the life of the engine parts at all?

I don't zoom much nowadays, like the cruising speed so I'm good with losing some HP just curious if I would be doing any favors to the car at all?

·
Super Moderator
1,469 Posts
Just curious if anybody has a opinion, I have a Tune done by Vtuner on the Saab95ng, love the car but I accept its not getting any younger. Should I downgrade back to stock to ease up on the parts etc or am i talking out of my *** and a stage 0 tune doesn't shorten or stress the life of the engine parts at all?

I don't zoom much nowadays, like the cruising speed so I'm good with losing some HP just curious if I would be doing any favors to the car at all?
If the car dies at 330 HP then it would have died at 300 HP, IMO. If you’re staying on top of the maintenance (which is significant on an Aero), then you should be good.

·
Registered
28 Posts

If the car dies at 330 HP then it would have died at 300 HP, IMO. If you’re staying on top of the maintenance (which is significant on an Aero), then you should be good.
I have an NG 9-5, currently sitting at 135k on the clock, I’m thinking about getting custom exhaust and intake then get it tuned, that bad? Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,469 Posts
I have an NG 9-5, currently sitting at 135k on the clock, I’m thinking about getting custom exhaust and intake then get it tuned, that bad? Lol
It’s not bad, but if you have any weak links in the drivetrain you’re more likely to find them when you turn up the power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts