SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Aisin supplies the transmissions for Touareg/Audi Qx/Porsche Cayenne (why not ZF?) VAG used to say that the fluid is lifetime.

Of course the "lifetime" is a lot longer if you change the fluid.
You don't spend that much on a car and not change the fluids.
Porch Vdub and GM along with the kazillion Toyota that use Aisin trans still say lifetime. What do they care? The car is out of warranty and not their baby by the time the deleterious effects of not changing fluid happens...so 40,000 KILOMETERS not miles is my change interval. Like you say, why spend good money on the car and not change fluids?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2004 arc 9-3 that has been kept in relatively good condition. I've just hit 140k in miles. Engine was rebuilt 20k ago and still going strong. Shifts are okay honestly just feel like it could be smoother (still shifts smoother than my 2014 wrx lol). also have a short shifter sitting in my trunk. Just ordered 12 quarts of the saab MTF. Was gonna have a machine flush. Been reading about this for prolly 2 months. I should be okay but ill report back here with the results or if I have any problems.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have a 2004 arc 9-3 that has been kept in relatively good condition. I've just hit 140k in miles. Engine was rebuilt 20k ago and still going strong. Shifts are okay honestly just feel like it could be smoother (still shifts smoother than my 2014 wrx lol). also have a short shifter sitting in my trunk. Just ordered 12 quarts of the saab MTF. Was gonna have a machine flush. Been reading about this for prolly 2 months. I should be okay but ill report back here with the results or if I have any problems.
Do a search here. Drain and fill 3 times is the preferred method over a flush

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea but everything i see seems that if i use the same exact fluid that saab recommends and be sure to at least cycle 12 quarts through jt that ill be fine. Plus my tranny functions fine and has no other outlying problems. i was also gonna have it down by a friend who has a pretty good shop. thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
if it matters to anyone. i use the aisan brand atf. i buy it by the 12 pack for like 50 bucks. i drain, fill, drive, drain and fill. the stuff is like 4.50 a quart and 4 quarts to fill. so it's actually cheaper to change than the engine oil! so i change my atf on a regular basis. i like to change every 30k miles. my mb is a 30k spec car, but fluid for that runs me 20 bucks a quart, but hey cheaper than rebuild or replace. anyways yeah i would change the fluid if it's black or if it smelled burnt. black is usually not a good sign. oh the fluid in these saabs is a mineral oil and not a synthetic so just be cautious on the fluid you use. they have different fluid properties so it could cause problems if you use the incorrect fluid. i buy my fluid from rockauto, like i said it's about 50 bucks for a case good for 3 changes. not bad... and it's the genuine stuff

21 - 26 of 26 Posts