SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an 2006 Saab 9 3 Aero, with 72000 (yes, 72k) miles at a local dealer and i'm thinking about buying it. I test drove it, and it drives really nice.

What do you guys think about the miles?

It's a 2.8 turbochaged.

Only issue is the radio. It wouldn't turn on at all, it seems as it doesn't get any power at all. The dealer offered me a discount insted of repearing the radio, and since i've fixed pretty much anything on a car at least once i'm seriously thinking about it.

Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Those radios do not like to be fiddled with. You'd have an easier time turning a mule into a race horse. Is the car certified?

G

·
Welcome to the forum drago. The miles shouldn't be a problem, as long as it has a good service history and the price is right. How much are they asking? Is it at a Saab dealer?

The radio can be something small, in need of new head unit or more extensive work with the fiber-optic system. You can't easily replace it with an aftermarket radio so it can become expensive quickly.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Cliche` said:
Those radios do not like to be fiddled with. You'd have an easier time turning a mule into a race horse. Is the car certified?
Can't be, it's over 60k.

The radio could be a big deal. Have them get one of their techs to pull codes to see if that gives you any idea, and make sure the car had its 60k service. If the car hasn't had its 60k service, tell them to half their price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is a GM dealer,(pontiac, chevrolet, not SAAB though).

They're asking $17000, i figured $15500 with the radio issue.

Car looks pretty good, has quite a few small stone chips on the front of the hood and the bumper, which doesn't bother me. Clutch is good, and no abnormal noise from the turbo. Right now i have an Audi A4 2.0 turbo, and this Saab is way faster then the audi, which I like:D .

Thanks for the 60k service tip, I'll make sure i double check that

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Cliche` said:
Exactly. Get them to diagnose it at least and go from there. Not being a Saab dealer they might not be able to do that.

Sounds like a great deal and I'd go for it. Get the VIN and have a Saab dealer run the service history.

Spend $900 to BSR tune it and you'll have a rocket:cool:

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
So what ended up happening here? Was the car bought?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts