SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

I'm more of an old Land Rover Series guy, but I came across this old 1962 Saab ( I believe it is a 96, please correct me if I am wrong). The seller is asking $1500. Runs and drives, surface rust, 18,000 miles. I'm not sure of the interior's condition yet.

What do you guys think? Worthy project? Good deal? Too much? will it be as fun as an old Series Rover? Honestly, I know very little of these old Saabs.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
for that price - if it`s really only surface rust and if that`s rell low miles, I would have bought it without any doubt. go and get it!

Hey guys!

I'm more of an old Land Rover Series guy, but I came across this old 1962 Saab ( I believe it is a 96, please correct me if I am wrong). The seller is asking $1500. Runs and drives, surface rust, 18,000 miles. I'm not sure of the interior's condition yet.

What do you guys think? Worthy project? Good deal? Too much? will it be as fun as an old Series Rover? Honestly, I know very little of these old Saabs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, supposedly that is the actual miles of only 18,000. Unless, of course, these odometers roll over in these cars. The car is 6 hours away, so it would be quite the trip to go look at it. The seller says they had it appraised at $2500, so $1500 seems fair if that is the case.

Oh, and the owner/seller has inidcated that the floor pans are intact.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That engine doesn't look like it's from the Saab. It looks like its from the Mercury behind it.

Just be cautious there. Might be an honest mistake mixing his photos, but just beware.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, your right! The daughter is selling the Saab along with a few other old cars from her 89 year old father's car collection. She sent me whatever photos from her iPhone that she had which included some toher 1950's and 1960's cars. Disregard the engine photo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just can't convince myself to do it right now. If anybody wants to pursue this car on their own, it is located in the Oklahoma panhandle. I can pass on the info if you would like it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Oh yes save it !
:cheesy:ditto:cheesy:
These relics are so fun to drive and so simple to fix.
Much as a Model T Ford is.
Parts = a challange plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts