SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas where to start. my dash lights and everything no longer work. a fuse lasts 5 seconds then burns out. something is shorting. this happened today as they worked earlier. very dark annoying issue!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey i know where not supposed to bump out threads but mine made it half way down the second page with no reply. i have spend a long time today fiddling around with no success! my dash lights just blow the fuse instantly. yesterday i would get about 30 seconds ot a fuse and now nothing. in the last week i added a new stereo, pulled the fuse on that out and fiddled with the stereo itself but no sucess. it rained like no other yesterday and i drove aroudn about 250km up the coast and back. my carpets are a bit damp as usual after hard rain as i must have some leaks. these are the only things that i could think could contribute. but i really have no idea where to start or how to do it. the lack of lights drives me insane, i do lots of night driving too!

·
Registered
896 Posts
What did you wire your stereo into? I'd start with it, tracing all the power wires back and making sure they're not shorting somewhere. Also, check and make sure you didn't bump any of the bulbs below the stereo slot loose or maybe crack one of their connectors causing a short.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
There's 3 bulb holders in the heater controls, 2 illumination & 1 for seat belt light, also another holder behind the ashtray. I would start by pulling these bulbs out of their holders one-at-a-time & see if the fuse still blows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts