SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing the battery I accidentally shorted the battery terminals on my 2005 9-5. Now I get power but no click or any sort of noise at all when i turn the key. Does anyone have any idea what
I should check for? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
What happens if you use another car to jump start the car? Could you have damaged the battery when you shorted it? I'd start there.

If you just shorted the battery across the two terminals by you should not have damaged the car. If you switched the terminals then there are all kinds of things that could go wrong. can you describe a bit more what you did by "shorting" the battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to jump with my truck which has a much larger battery and still the same...have power but no click or any noise. Battery is reading 12.7 currently. When i shorted it, the ratchet slipped and contacted both terminals. The car was sitting for a couple months before I put the new battery in, but started a week earlier when i jumped it. Is it possible its a bad starter? I was going to try and check that but I can't get underneath the car without lifting it(too low).

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Close driver door.
Push "open door"button 1 sec with 1 sec intervals next to car. Car should "answer" you after 4 to 8 presses.
Repeat this to all your keys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts