SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a lot of the people on these forums are pushin automatics :roll: but do any of the sticklers know of a good short shift kit for the 9-5? I have the 2001 base model, are the shifts any shorter in the Aero?? Sometimes it feels like I'm working out when trying to shift quickly.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Ive heard some horror stories about that particular model because there are some very intricate adjustments to get the gears aligned. This makes it a very tedious installation at the least if the fine tuning can ever be satisfactory.

I have heard more favorable reviews of this particular model despite it's higher cost. This model replaces the entire shifter housing and does not require the same amount of fine tuning.

http://www.saabsavior.com/9-5.html

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Kermit said:
Older Saabs don't have the Trionic engine management, they have to make do with a dizzy and leads.
Those poor souls. :p

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kermit said:
Older Saabs don't have the Trionic engine management, they have to make do with a dizzy and leads.
Oh I know (had a couple before)...but that's why I was wondering why they were on the 9-5 page. But after looking through their site, they seem to have standard products like the wires that are listed on every page. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts