SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been in search for a new intake for my 03 95 aero. After looking all the forum I have only been able to find info on cold air intakes but I am hesitant to install one with fear of water-logging my engine as well the additional work it would take to make a shield. After speaking to my brother who has a gti and a4 he suggested a short ram intake that would make all those worries go away yet give me the sound of the turbo I am looking for. However, I cant find a short ram intake for this car? Any suggestions, thoughts on where to get it or if I can even get one.
Any response would be greatly appreciated,
Josh

·
Registered
480 Posts
There isnt room for a 'short ram intake' and as it would be in the engine bay and close to the turbo it would give you frightening intake temperatures. It would be far worse than stock. Get some plastic sheeting and some scissors/shears and you could whip up a shield in 10-30min if you're worried about water ingestion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where would the shield go that you are speaking of because all that i have seen were the hacked up jobs of the original intake and a metal sheet that acts as an extension of the skidplate?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Do what i did, remove the air box, cut the top half off totally leaving the mounting lugs attached to the bottom half. Drill holes in the bottom panel and then re-install an open air filter in the bottom half of the airbox giving you a ready made splashguard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today 04:20 AM
Kermit Do what i did, remove the air box, cut the top half off totally leaving the mounting lugs attached to the bottom half. Drill holes in the bottom panel and then re-install an open air filter in the bottom half of the airbox giving you a ready made splashguard.
Thanks for the advice. When you say drill holes in the bottom panel where do i put wholes? and what is the point of that? Also where did you buy your intake?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.