SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i've been checking out this website for a while and finally decided to register. Anyways, I'm here to see if anyone can give me some hints on what may be going on with my 2000 93 SE.

Whenever I start the car after a long period of time the idle goes from 900rpm to about 2500rpm and just keeps going up and down the after a minute or so it'll idle fine. Also as soon as I start driving and open up the throttle for a bit of acceleration the car will hesitate, give bursts of power and start jerking. My boost gauge also never goes past green. I've got two engine codes : P0455 serious evap leak
P0171 Air/Fuel too lean

So I replaced the Canister purge valve which was faulty, new bpv, fuel filter
Maybe I need new spark plugs (for the idle problem?) because I have no clue when the last time this was changed with the previous owner..

So I just want to know if this has happened to anyone on here and what caused it so I can figure out what parts I should check/replace

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
check all your vac hoses that could cause the the lean code or your MAF, news plugs are always better regardless but make sure you get NGK nothing else. Dont know much bout the other code but im sure someone else will chime in to help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I've got a smoke test done and apperently its leaking from the PCV grommet. That doesn't sound like something I should be worried about changing myself hopefully !

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
The leaking PVC gasket isn't part of the Evap system. But' it's part of the PVC system that will help reduce sludge.

The Evap system consists of the fuel cap. fuel filler neck, fuel tank, vacuum line from the tank the charcoal filter to the purge valve and onto the throttle body. On startup, the purge valve opens and the ECU checks for a small vacuum in the tank via the pressure sensor at the top of the tank. The amount of vacuum determines the level of severity. If the gas cap is missing, no vacuum will ever be created - hence the serious evap leak. If the cap, or anything else (small crack in filler neck, leaking fuel pump assembly gasket, vacuum sensor gasket, vacuum line to the charcoal canister, charcoal canister, purge valve, line to the throttle body) you will get a minor evap leak... Ron

·
Registered
719 Posts
re

Id be checking for boost leaks ,it should be getting a higher reading on the boost gauge and power should be continuely there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the info Ron ! I also got the boost leak test done and apparently its leaking at the intake pipe to the bpv.. but isnt that a metal hose ? I dont see where it could leak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts