SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have just been out to fit my new 6Pk2465 serpentine drive belt only to find that its longer than the standard one not shorter:x

Then me thinks "arrrr theres no A/C compressor on my car"

Would I be right in thinking that all US spec cars have A/C and that thats the reason my 6Pk2470 ( I actually got a 2465 ) belt is to long?

If so does anyone know the lenght I need for my none air conditioned Saab so that it does not use that centre pulley?

I was thinking about setting up the tensioner to where it normaly runs and getting a piece of string to go around the pulleys to get a lenght? Or has anyone got another idea?

Hopeing someone can help..........Mike.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Mikes900s said:
Would I be right in thinking that all US spec cars have A/C and that thats the reason my 6Pk2470 ( I actually got a 2465 ) belt is to long?
Yes, you would be. I think we have part numbers/length for a "short" belt to bypass the lower idler, or to bypass the A/C, but not both. Not sure how well a string will work, maybe an old belt cut open, or a dressmakers tape measure (?) Good luck!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a real bummer !

I thought " get out into the garage and I should have the new pulley and belt fitted in no time!"
Oh well I guess I will have to get back in contact with the factors that sold me the belt to see if they will have it back and maybe they will have a better way of measuring up for a belt. If not I may have to go for a standard belt but that means changing the lower pulley, the one that I can't seem to get onto to undo.............Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Mikes900s said:
...changing the lower pulley, the one that I can't seem to get onto to undo...
To be honest, it might be easier to swap the pulley. If you simply can't get a tool on the head of the bolt, there are some tricks to getting it off. Post a thread about that, and you will get a few suggestions. Or let shop mechanic with a bigger tool box do it... :cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts