SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't bought anything for my saab since I have owned it, mainly because I have tried to keep up with the maintenance and all of the problems I have had so today I bought some things to fix my car and a few extras.

Serpentine Belt
SAI Check valve and gasket
PowerSTeering Pump
Rear Window weatherstripping
Used rear black decklid(aka trunk)
Megan racing Springs
18 in. Rims and tires
Different gauge cluster with metal finish around the gauges(dropped off to have the white face gauges finally installed)

I would love to get into the tuning and engine upgrades but I would rather have my car running like a top instead of having a car that is tuned and everything is broken on.

I hope saab will reimburse me for the springs since mine are broken and that's why I am replacing them.;)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Cool, hey could you maybe take some pics of the weatherstripping replacement?

I'd have some doubts about the springs - my letter said if I got them replaced before January 2010 they'd reimburse me. Not sure they'll reimburse for later replacements.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Always nice to see someone else working on their Saab. Are you doing most of the work on your own? What kind of rims do you plan on getting? Also, do some reasearch but I have a feeling GM/Saab will not reimburse for the srpingd seeing how you're getting aftermarket ones...maybe you can have them replaced by them with oem's, get your new ones installed, then sell the oem's?...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I plan on doing all the work myself. My friends dad owns part of grismer tire here in dayton and I can use a bay at the shop anytime. Really I just need the spring compressor. I will definately make sure to take pics of everything.

I dont care about what anyone thinks about these. I absolutely love them:cheesy:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, I plan on doing all the work myself. My friends dad owns part of grismer tire here in dayton and I can use a bay at the shop anytime. Really I just need the spring compressor. I will definately make sure to take pics of everything.

I dont care about what anyone thinks about these. I absolutely love them:cheesy:

where did you get those rims I love them!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha..... Sorry about the confusion hopefully you dont think I am crazy but my car is cosmic blue. I went to a place in cincinnati that had these and had one mounted to see how it looks. The craziest part is the color is almost identical to my color they just have a heavy flake so they sparkle. This place wanted like $1800 for rims and tires. I found them on ebay for under $500 and got the tires for about the same price so I saved 600 bucks. They are Giovannas. Search 5x110. They make em with a red lip too and they look soo nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.