SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be tuning my car, a 2010 2.0T 9-3 Sportcombi FWD, and am trying to get an idea of how much it will cost to install all the parts I am considering upgrading and trying to understand what makes sense to do at the same time vs what I would not save $ on re labor time if I were to wait to do the upgrade...
I am planning on going with a Vermont Stage 1 tune, so Turbo, spark plugs, and injectors would be done no matter what, and I am putting in a BSR cold air intake from Genuine SAAB myself... -- does it make sense to upgrade the intercooler at the same time (I am going to be doing it at some point, looking at the Do88 kit with pressure pipes)? eg would I save on labor? Also, I am interested in adding Do88 hose kits; I assume it would not add labor to replace the intake/turbo inlet hose with the Do88 kit at the same time, what about the oil cooler hoses kit? and or the Solenoid valve/crankcase hoses kit? Since I am doing the intercooler, what would the labor add be to do the coolant hose kit from Do88? Other upgrades I will be doing, Fortune Auto coilovers, I need the price for labor on those...and a Krona 3" turbo back exhaust, cost on labor for that and will be adding a subframe brace from Genuine SAAB at the same time...seems it makes sense to do those three, exhaust, coilovers, and subframe brace at the same time. Please let me know what I am looking at for labor(really hoping to keep costs down), parts are already about the value of the car...but I am going to be keeping this beast as long as I can afford too...no plans to replace it since there is nothing on the market I really care for. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I am going to give you a partial answer. I am not a fan of CAI set ups. Why draw hot air from inside the engine bay when a stock set up draws air from below? Do you need to the turbo to sound cool? Then go for it.

If you are concerned about the stock paper filter being restrictive get the K&N drop in for the stock set up, or an AEM.
Aem = no oil like K&N AEM dry flow filter or BSR oiled filter?

I like the idea of an inter-cooler upgrade but some will tell you stock is adequate. Lots of posts on tunes here, I assume you have done the research.....

What caused you to go with V-Tune over Maptun or Brew City Boost?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am indeed a fan of the turbo noises, and the BSR cold air intake looks like it has a pretty good heat shield and set-up. I am not buying the Brew City Boost numbers...as for Maptun on the fence with the stage 5, it is a bit cheaper to go that way, but I think I prefer to deal with an American company, plus the Krona and Do88 kits look nicer than the Maptun parts. Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've run the BCB Stage 2 and 3 and they are just fine. Over 4 years on my 2010 AWD w/Stage2 and drop in K&N. Great improvement over stock. Have Stage 3, SAI dele and EGT delete on my 2003 Vector with drop in and downpipe. Runs very well, however, sent downpipe out for thermal coating due to underhood temp increase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts