SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so i am goin to buy the lowering springs,but a new question arises. should i also get shocks/struts as well. or would the stock ones be good? any one who has done both please let me kno. thnx.

·
Registered
895 Posts
how many miles on the originals? chances are theyll be fine. first i would try just springs, and if that doesnt float your boat, then upgrade.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the stock i have only under 16000 miles. what do you think. im going to get the PPC stage 1 and the springs in one shot just wanted some opions. Thnx.

·
Registered
895 Posts
with only 16000 miles on them, you wont have any issues with them if you throw some springs in. itll be like a whole new car!;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice. well good luck. if u do it before i do let me kno how it goes. i plan to get a in car reader to find out my times before the upgrades u know. instead of the seat of my pants readings.

·
Registered
895 Posts
BlacKnight04 said:
nice. well good luck. if u do it before i do let me kno how it goes. i plan to get a in car reader to find out my times before the upgrades u know. instead of the seat of my pants readings.
lol, car reader?? is that a dyno?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would change the shocks and struts if I was changing the springs. They are all designed to work together.

Shorter springs need stiffer shocks/struts with less travel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
partsmanager said:
I would change the shocks and struts if I was changing the springs. They are all designed to work together.

Shorter springs need stiffer shocks/struts with less travel.
what do u mean less travel? the only reason i want going to change the shocks, is beacuse reading other postings lead me to belive that no one did and had no probs.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i think what he means is, that it WOULD work better if you were to do the whole shabang. however, it comes down to how much you want to spend, and what you want out of the car. itll work just fine by doing just the springs, but it would be even better with shock/strut replacement. it up to you really.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yup. If its just looks your going for, then you could just change the springs.

If you want looks and handling, change the springs and struts/shocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts