SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, just a quick question..i know shocks and springs dont usually last 160000 miles, and im not sure if they were ever replaced before i bought the car, but i have an 00 aero and when going slow over for example speed bumps i hear a sound tht ssounds like its comin from the rear shocks or springs wich sounds like a cooler filled with ice is being shaken if tht can be imagined. and im not sure if this is because one of the two are going.. or both..jus wondering if anyone might have some insight thanks!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
r14l21 said:
hey, just a quick question..i know shocks and springs dont usually last 160000 miles, and im not sure if they were ever replaced before i bought the car, but i have an 00 aero and when going slow over for example speed bumps i hear a sound tht ssounds like its comin from the rear shocks or springs wich sounds like a cooler filled with ice is being shaken if tht can be imagined. and im not sure if this is because one of the two are going.. or both..jus wondering if anyone might have some insight thanks!
Springs don't really... wear out per say... but if the car bounces 2 or 3 times after a speed bump, then your shocks are essentially shot.

After I replaced my stock Aero shocks with the Bilstein HD's, the car goes over the bump, bounces once, hits the top of the shock and stays there. No more bouncing around, really much much more comfortable! :cool:

Bilstein otta pay me I advertise 'em so much... :roll:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
9-5's are notoriously hard on rear shocks, at 160k miles yours are shot for sure, most don't make 80-100k.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i figured it was the shocks, but lol another tihng i dont have money for...but alteast i know thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Ur lucky man you could just use your aero springs with bilstein HD..thats one step already done for you check out www.eshocks.com they sell Bilsteins for about $650 not too bad.. for me I have to actually buy aero spring b/c i got the lpt so lucky you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts