SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering, when replacing my stock shocks and springs for Koni shocks and aftermarket springs, is it a direct bolt on?

Are there other things that need to be purchased for the koni shocks to be installed?

Is allignment required after installing new shocks/springs?

I need to know what the proper procedures are for post - suspesion modifications.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:
So I was wondering, when replacing my stock shocks and springs for Koni shocks and aftermarket springs, is it a direct bolt on? Yes, but assure that you order the correct ones from a reliable supplier..

Are there other things that need to be purchased for the Koni shocks to be installed? The strut mounts and rubber pieces(sleeves and bumpers as necessary)

Is alignment required after installing new shocks/springs? IMO, no, scribe the exact positions..
Others say to do the alignment, I am thinking of the older cars..

I need to know what the proper procedures are for post - suspension modifications.
As I recall, there is another current thread on this very same subject.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strut mounts and rubber pieces(sleeves and bumpers as necessary)
Link to those parts please? I have no idea what your talking about :p I thought everythign was included when I buy from genuine saab...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Koni shocks and aftermarket springs

I am assuming your aftermarket springs will be lower than standard so you will definitely need a wheel alignment.
With the amount of strip down just to replace shocks alone would IMO be reason enough for a wheel alignment.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I wouldn't get hung up on needing to get the alignment checked and adjusted - it should be done on a yearly basis anyway and as there is only toe that is adjustable it's a cheap and quick job.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:

Link to those parts please? I have no idea what your talking about :p I thought everythign was included when I buy from genuine saab...
http://www.eeuroparts.com/searchresults.aspx?&carid=1165&cat=1033

To give an idea of the parts annd complexity of this task..

bumper stop.....44 83 897 also a sleeve, bearings, washers,ect..my parts book has its limits...

Lets hope or assume that everything is included...:cheesy:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
earthworm said:
http://www.eeuroparts.com/searchresults.aspx?&carid=1165&cat=1033

To give an idea of the parts annd complexity of this task..

bumper stop.....44 83 897 also a sleeve, bearings, washers,ect..my parts book has its limits...

Lets hope or assume that everything is included...:cheesy:
ZOMG! So when purchasing the koni shocks from GS it doesn't come with the needed hardware? These are things that i would have to buy? I can DIY, but this is too much, so I was planing on taking it to a shop to get it done...but none the less I didnt know there were other things that had to be purchased to get this done...

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:
ZOMG! So when purchasing the koni shocks from GS it doesn't come with the needed hardware? These are things that i would have to buy? I can DIY, but this is too much, so I was planing on taking it to a shop to get it done...but none the less I didnt know there were other things that had to be purchased to get this done...
I do not know how experienced you are at DIY, Canyon 2 K 4..
This is,IMO, B + level work..But for some here, with the correct tools, it is a snap..

Communicate with the seller, assure that everything is included..

I made the misteak of assuming when repairing the old Golf - what a weak front end they have, not helped either in that I was using JC Whitney parts (very inexpensive)....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts