SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forums to no avail, I have been having a issue with my 9-5 when driving. It seems to have an issue while shifting. It is fine while cool, and up until it gets heat soaked. Once it does, it has issues shifting from third to fourth gear. It almost hesitates between gears, in fact it actually shifts down a gear, and then up. Usually it is not noticeable, and the only way I notice is by watching the tach. However, three times, it will go to up shift, and instead down shifts, holds the lower gear not accelerating, and then up shifts. Like I said I have only noticed it once it gets really warm, the quickest way to get it to do it is make it heat soak, otherwise a really long drive. Also it seems to only do it under light acceleration, shifting under 2k RPMS. If I accelerate any quicker than that it always shifts fine. I am truly stumped. I will just assume it is a sensor or something, with only 36k miles I would hope the transmission is not the issue. Any Ideas?

G

·
what year 9-5? the 4 speed or the 5 speed trans? how is your fluid? old fluid will cause the trans to run hotter. have you tried shifting it manually?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it is an 03 ARC with the five speed. In manual mode it does the same, down shifts, and then up shifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts