SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be posting in the wrong part of the forums, if so I apologize! Soo, I'm thinking about grabbing a new shifter for my manual 07 93 2t. I was wondering if there's room above the reverse lock to install the custom shifter?? I know the shifter diameter is m14 though I haven't taken apart the assembly on the original fittings. So I'm asking before I cannibalize the poor knob.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I bought new leather shft bag.. the knob was locktight on... the knob is aluminum and stick steel.. I had to tale the top off with numbets.. then drill through aluminum to steel.. now tap aluminum. Get right bolt and the bolt will bottom out at steel and pull lnob off.. now you can make adjustments depending on skill level

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I bought new leather shft bag.. the knob was locktight on... the knob is aluminum and stick steel.. I had to tale the top off with numbets.. then drill through aluminum to steel.. now tap aluminum. Get right bolt and the bolt will bottom out at steel and pull lnob off.. now you can make adjustments depending on skill level
Woooooooooooord, was thinking about just taking off the knob and rethreading the top to fit the general. I got lucky, mines not glued to kingdom come. And I suppose finding a m14 is a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts