SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shifter in my convertible seems to have a few issues. First, it is missing the little cap with the shifter pattern. Second, it feels like the knob itself is a bit lower compared to the lever. I do not know if it is related or not but I am having no problems with going into reverse without having to pull the ring underneath the shifter knob. FYI, this is all begin done while the car is off. What should I check for?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
supremedalek said:
The shifter in my convertible seems to have a few issues. First, it is missing the little cap with the shifter pattern. Second, it feels like the knob itself is a bit lower compared to the lever. I do not know if it is related or not but I am having no problems with going into reverse without having to pull the ring underneath the shifter knob. FYI, this is all begin done while the car is off. What should I check for?
You can pop whatever you want in that space on top, get creative :D Or just get a new knob. For the reverse lockout, I'd check that the pin at the end of the shifter rod is set to spec (22mm from end of shaft)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might check it again when I get home today but for some reason it felt the knob itself was a bit lower than it should so I could not pull the reverse ring thingie up. Do oyu have a pict to show where the pin is and what I am measuring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts