SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while, there isn't really a problem, but it is kinda annoying. do any of you guys know how to take off the light for the shift up light. at night time drivin, i hate it when that light shines up. so i was wondering if there was a single fuse (which i don't think so) or will i have to take apart the dash, and pull out the light in the back. also, would i have to do the same thing for the cruise light. i know it isn't that big, but it just the little things in a car that matters to me, and i just love the saab night ride lighting. it is amazing. thankz for the help.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
well i dont have a solution, but i have the same problem, that little light does get very very annoying. so if anyone does have any info i would like to know too...:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Its wires that need snipping behind the dash. I am sure some searching would bring up the exact info. I have seen it posted here a few times. That light definately blows. If anyone followed it you would be in 5th gear at 35 mph.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I suspect the "easiest" way to take care of it is to pull the bulb. It takes a couple hours at most (less with practice). Munki's page under the tech. help section at the top of the forum has the directions.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Squoosh! said:
Its wires that need snipping behind the dash. I am sure some searching would bring up the exact info. I have seen it posted here a few times. That light definately blows. If anyone followed it you would be in 5th gear at 35 mph.
but not for long, because your engine would bog down and die :roll:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I did this the other day, it is quite simple. Remove your glovebox.. its just a few torx screws that you can use the torx screwdriver supplied to you next to your spare tire to get them out with. After you have the glovebox out, pull away the carpet from the right hand side wall of the passenger's footwell. There is a silver metal box there, thats the car's ECU. There is a huge connector for like 100 wires connected to the bottom of the ECU, unplug it. Get a magnifiying glass and locate wire #55.. it is blue/yellow. Either snip the wire, or what I did is just yanked it out of the connector. That will disable your shift-up light.

My resource came from http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Upgrades/Custom/ShiftLight.html

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sethsev7n said:
I did this the other day, it is quite simple. Remove your glovebox.. its just a few torx screws that you can use the torx screwdriver supplied to you next to your spare tire to get them out with. After you have the glovebox out, pull away the carpet from the right hand side wall of the passenger's footwell. There is a silver metal box there, thats the car's ECU. There is a huge connector for like 100 wires connected to the bottom of the ECU, unplug it. Get a magnifiying glass and locate wire #55.. it is blue/yellow. Either snip the wire, or what I did is just yanked it out of the connector. That will disable your shift-up light.

My resource came from http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Upgrades/Custom/ShiftLight.html
awesome!! thankz alot sethsev7n. very helpful. i think i'll do that this weekend. :cheesy:

·
Registered
505 Posts
does the 96 900 SE not have a shift up light? i have never noticed it no my car at least. maybe the bulb is already burnt out :lol:

matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 900SE definately comes complete with Shift-Up light... and man, does it want to be in a higher gear no matter what ;)
I notice, if I push 3rd gear relatively hard, it'll bring me up to 55 or so without the Shift light ever coming on, but at that point if I shift into 4th, that light comes on the second the clutch is even partially engaged. ..So basically it would prefer to skip 4th gear entirely :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts