SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seans900. Did you ever resolve this. I just bought a '95 2.0l conv for parts and found it is in good condition. Mod for linkage was completed but not installed. I found a linkage in junk yard from '98 900 with 2.3l. I believe it's the one in the bulletin from Saab.
Same issue shift rod will not engage linkage in 3rd gear.
I posted on saab.net the question "will the linkage used on 2.3l work on the 2.0l?"

·
Registered
10,052 Posts
All 900s use the same linkage, whether they have the 2.0 or 2.3 liter engine. Have you made sure that the linkage is properly aligned using the alignment pin holes in the shift rod and the transmission?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks,. Just after posting I realized I needed to put shift into 4th to engage linkage. Install alignment pin at shifter. Tighten the the linkage nut. Remove shift alignment pin and removed 4th gear set pin in trans case and all seemed to work fine. Ran out of light and will test ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jeremy, I tried to run through all gears again before road test. I could not get trans into reverse. I noticed when I lift the reverse lockout bypass on shifter I can shift into 5th but not reverse. Without lockout lifted I can not shift into 5th grade. Any thoughts on what may cause this. I'd did take apart the shift housing assembly to check for worn parts but all seemed fine. I thought I reassembled correctly. Any thoughts?....or anyone out there have an idea? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
It should be obvious what the lockout is doing by lifting the shifter boot/gaiter.

·
Registered
10,052 Posts
It definitely should be obvious. It's all mechanical, and it all happens under the boot, so you can clearly see what's going on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jeremy, I tried to run through all gears again before road test. I could not get trans into reverse. I noticed when I lift the reverse lockout bypass on shifter I can shift into 5th but not reverse. Without lockout lifted I can not shift into 5th grade. Any thoughts on what may cause this. I'd did take apart the shift housing assembly to check for worn parts but all seemed fine. I thought I reassembled correctly. Any thoughts?....or anyone out there have an idea? Thanks tv

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. I found the alignment was off in 4th gear. Length of rod position was fine. It was out on rotation. where a larger alignment pin resolved once I loosened everything up. All is well.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts