SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a diagram of the shift knob and center console on how to assemble it. my knob came off and so did my center console causing the spring that enables reverse to come out, and im not sure how to reassemble it correctly.its a 2003 9-3 arc (six speed if that makes a difference). advice and or pictures would be great too! thanks

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Mine kept popping off too, I just took the spring out, the reverse lockout doesnt come all the way back down on its own but you just pull down on the leather shift boot a little and it goes down. Although I dont really see a need for the lockout, as ive never been driving and tried to hit reverse. Now it hardly ever comes off. It will every once in awhile if I shift hard. But with the spring in there it would pop off nearly twice a week even when I wasnt touching it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. this helped a bunch. i just removed the spring and it works fine. i just have to manually push it back down, big whoop lol. its was so sad when it happend though, my brother was driving it and the entire center console just ripped off!! why couldnt they follow suit with the interior compared to the rest off the car!!??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and does anyone know if i can still get the recall for the seatbelts done? my rear passenger seat belt wont retract.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aftermarket Shifter Knob

I had the same problem with my '06 9-3 but it's a five speed and now i can't find the shift knob. The factory knob is 200 bucks to replace, does anyone know where i can get a cheap aftermarket replacement knob, preferably one that works with the reverse lock mechanism? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts