SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 91 in pristine condish for dirt cheap from a gent who ran it with a wasted water pump. after rebuilding the head I have no fuel from the injectors, no voltage at the injectors. If I squirt some fuel in the intake she fires right up. Ive checked the grounds and have great continuity to b-.
What do I need to check?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Is the crank sensor connected and in working order?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where is the crank sensor?

The fuel rail has great fuel pressure. do the injectors run through any fuses or relays? where is the crank position sensor located? I know its somthing so simple and I cant wait to get my first saab going. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
If you have an actual 91 900, meaning base model not a turbo, then it should be down by the crankpully/harmonic balancer, ie the bottom pully. It plugs in there and reads the crank, I don't know if you have to pull the pully to get to it or not, I don't think so but perhaps someone with more experiance than me can elaborate. Its pretty common for them to get eaten down there, was the car running when you got it?

I don't think your injectors will fire unless you are getting a crankshaft sensor signal though, they wouldn't know when to fire without that. Fuel pump will pressure up the bar however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the guy I bought it from fried the water pump and ran it hot and shot the head. I had the head completely rebuilt. It is a no turbo 2.1. And I have had several people tell me it could be the crank sensor, I just dont know where it is. I do know how to test it and basically what Im looking for. It sounds like it might be visible from underneath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts