SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know I bought a 900set sensonic to dismantle; in the end I took the plunge to replace the seized engine with one I had lying about.

I started a couple of weeks ago, just a few hours here and there on Saturdays, this afternoon I topped up the transmission, torqued up the drive shafts and test drove it, result!

I could not take it on the road [MOT expired, SORNed and no insurance] but within the neighbourhood compound I drove it about upto 3rd gear, it is so slick and smooth, I laughing like an idiot about how funky the sensonic system is.

Next stage is a bath, full service and then the MOT.

The only thing that doesn't work on the car now is one headlamp wiper.

Some shots I took earlier; the engine is the seized item...

Under the bonnet, the rough looking cam cover will be sorted if all goes well...

Lovely interior, this car was loved inside and out...

Needs a bath, but this 900 is the best example of it's type I have seen...

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
It's the headlight leveler, for when you've got a full load in the boot.So your enjoying the sensonic so far then, nice one! Hopefully between us we can figure out how to keep them going!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I think he's put another T5 2l t in it as the sensonic control unit needs data from the T5 EC.Sensonic is different from the later padle shift auto's, you change gear as you would do in a manual exept the ECU controls the clutch using various sensors and an electronic actuator.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sweet! Nice work Raggy!! I see it has both of the bolt covers for the windshield wipers. That's the rarest thing on the car! :lol::cheesy:

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you believe it? The power steering pipe has popped :roll: the high pressure one that runs under the oil cooler. Really common fault as it goes and perhaps the stress of the engine swap took it out. Oh well, partsforsaabs sell a copy.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ragtopcav said:
Oh well, partsforsaabs sell a copy.
And what a good copy it is too.

The pipe's steel section has a peculiar colour and I'm not sure if it has been passivated in some way or whether it is merely heat treatment discolouration, so I have given it a thick coat of black Hammerite [an oil based enamel type paint with good weather resistance] and hopefully the replacement will do better than the OEM pipe :lol: .

Annoyingly, it is only a few hundred cars short of the power steering fluid change :roll: so it will be refilled with the expensive stuff.

By the time I have finished this car will have had all its fluids change.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Glad to see your hard work pay off. How much was the nice cherry picker?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lowbudgethero said:
Glad to see your hard work pay off. How much was the nice cherry picker?
I picked it up on ebay for around £100 delivered; it's cheap and cheerful but it folds up to very little when not in use.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a fine car but you need to get a patio heater out there, i'm still cold even with the heated seat on all the way home:cheesy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts