SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the problem:
if had the car for about 8 months and its rattled ever since. I've pushed the rubber gromet things out on the hatch itself:didn't help.
i also put soundproofing tape that you use on house doors under when the little hatch lifts up inside the boot itself:didn't help.
i think the problem lies with the shelf and how its proped up by those two side bits where the speakers sit. its kind of slouched in the middle i thinks years of travel have bent these side bits a little \-/ looks a bit like that, no so extreme though. i have located a small crack under the right hand side shelf where it meets the very back of the book, squeaks a little when driving, but not the source of the severe rattles when going over bumps.

car: 88 900 Aero

If you have had a similar situation and found a solution or have any suggestions please reply

cheers

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Easy to determine if it's the parcel shelf -- remove it and see if the problem goes away. Have you tried crouching in the back while someone drives the car over some bumps?:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i've taken out the parcel shelf and driven over bumps and it still does it. i'm thinking its the shelves on the side where the speakers sit, because they are sagging abit and that crack i was talking about makes creaking noises when you flex it abit. but its not the same sound you here when you drive over a bump. its driving me insane:]

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
could be the boot catch is loose but if you have wound the stops on the lid up it's probably not that, the other thing is the top bushes on the suspension, if they are old and perished/worn the shock absorber with go up and down with the bumps in the road, it might only be a fraction but sounds massive, new rubbers job done?.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
the wing can also squeak...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
16saabs said:
especially if there is a mouse trapped in there:cheesy:
the famed wing-mouse...usually found in hondas and such :lol:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I hear you on that hatch rattle. I am about to take it off and drive around with the back opened up just to see if it would still rattle! LOL

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The hatch often gets the blame for a rattle that comes from the false floor above the spare wheel................ Try it with that floor open and secured open . Also anything loose in that area ? tools ?? Tyre brace ? Try wrapping them in some rags or foam .

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
REAR wiper...

HIJACK ....

Talking rear wipers , anyone ever sourced a replacement unit , the PCB on mine has some fault , the motor runs on direct 12 v ok , just not thru board .

·
4,637 Posts
Dunno but you could wire the switch directly to the motor rather than to the PCB. Then you have to hold the switch to get the wiper to go.

·
4,637 Posts
The park function is usually built into the motor itself. If there are three wires going into the motor, it should be a self-parking one, only two wires means the PCB does the parking. However, it is difficult for a PCB to know if the motor is in the right place to park it so it's usually self parking.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
ITS 2 wire ... Just thinking aloud , I think the board also swaps the direction . it has to . Memory tells me applied 12v resulted in one dirctional travel .... lol.. Least the tailgate would be clean :lol:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I'd suggest you may be on the right track with the parcel shelf supports. The LHS support on my car had 1 broken weld. This allows it to flex, and the support hits off the body. The best fix is to weld it, but I had no welder at the time, and no-one would weld it without draining the fuel tank, so I rivetted it.

·
4,637 Posts
AUSSIE900 said:
ITS 2 wire ... Just thinking aloud , I think the board also swaps the direction . it has to . Memory tells me applied 12v resulted in one dirctional travel .... lol.. Least the tailgate would be clean :lol:
The rear spoiler should work as a lift-off so... ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts