SaabCentral Forums banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tech2 clone; Win XP sp3 desktop with serial port. I have installed the crack version of TIS200 very carefully.
I hook up the Tech2 to my 2005 Saab 9-3 and get it to store the VIN number, which it correctly retains.
I then disconnect the car and hook up the Tech2 to the computer.
It makes a connection because I can see the Tech2 screen on my monitor (TIS2000 - Tech2 View).
However, when I try Security Access, it fails. I get the error message:
"E3147: Security Access not possible. No answer from device. Check the connection to device and try again."
Of course this hint does not improve things.
I would love to hear any worthwhile suggestions - ESPECIALLY from anyone who has experienced this issue and solved the problem. (Please re-read the above first so you follow what my situation is.)
There are 2 "phone" connectors on the left of the Tech2. The bottom connector should be used to connect to the laptop serial port. Check that out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My last shot would be to check if it's using the correct COM port.

Reactions: The Laminator

·
Registered
48 Posts
I will check the COM port out. Strange that it connects to the Tech2 View fine, but reports no connection on Security Access.
Also strange: Device Manager shows no errors but only COM1 port, whereas to see the Tech2 View, I have to select COM3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, this isn't what you need but may help someone else. On my computer Globaltis worked fine but Tis2000 wouldn't talk to the Tech2. Eventually worked out that my com port was com10 with a prolific usb adaptor and Tis2000 didn't like it. Changed to Com2 in the advanced properties of the adaptor and everything burst into life.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am using a Prolific too, though it shows up on COMs 1 to 4 depending upon which computer I use. I can match it up on the configuration setting in Tech2 and they do seem to communicate (I can use Tech2 View to check this, or the Test button in configuration.) Anyway I will bear your hint in mind. Thanks.
Finally the Tech 2 has somehow got Security Access, though I never saw any message that indicated it had on any of the 4 computers I tried.
I managed to do the main job which was to add SPA.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Despite Tech2 allowing several 'adjustments', it does not allow them all. In those cases it asks for Security Access.
I follow the given instructions to the letter.
I have tried on FOUR computers. All have XP32 sp3 with TIS2000 installed properly as per instructions on this forum. The last computer I tried had an actual serial port (so no adapter needed). The COM port is correctly set (I/O management test passes).
But every computer fails to achieve Security Access.
When I try I get an error message:
E3324 Access to Security Access was denied.
PLEEEEASE someone help me out with any suggestion - particularly if you have had this same problem and somehow solved it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would install GlobalTIS.

I sincerely appreciate the suggestion but...
That is a daunting task. And the chances of my my getting everything right in the enormously long and complex procedure are close to zero.
Besides, reading through the forum, it seems as many people have problems with GlobalTIS as they do with TIS2000.
Nevertheless, I will have to do it - but only as a last resort.

Anyone got any other ideas?

·
Registered
48 Posts
That installing GlobalTIS a daunting task. And the chances of my my getting everything right in the enormously long and complex procedure are close to zero.
Besides, reading through the forum, it seems as many people have problems with GlobalTIS as they do with TIS2000.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Yes: Get yourself WEBWIS from ORIO.

·
Registered
502 Posts
That installing GlobalTIS a daunting task. And the chances of my my getting everything right in the enormously long and complex procedure are close to zero.

Watch the video in that Pinned thread and you won’t go wrong. I kept the video open on my iPhone and paused as I did each step of installation on the computer. GlobalTIS will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes: Get yourself WEBWIS from ORIO.
Thanks for the suggestion....Not being familiar with WEBWIS (or TIS2web) I did a bit of research.
First I found it is a subscription service with a hefty charge.
Second that people have trouble with that too.
Third that I would have no confidence in my ability to get that working to help.
Frustration. Life is too short for this!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Watch the video in that Pinned thread and you won’t go wrong. I kept the video open on my iPhone and paused as I did each step of installation on the computer. GlobalTIS will be better.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What 'Pinned thread' are you referring to?

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion....Not being familiar with WEBWIS (or TIS2web) I did a bit of research.
First I found it is a subscription service with a hefty charge.
Second that people have trouble with that too.
Third that I would have no confidence in my ability to get that working to help.
Frustration. Life is too short for this!
WEBWIS and Tis 2 Web are 2 different sws.
I have paid subscriptions.
I have no issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Nitrous 9200 - that is a superb video which I was able to follow along as I installed GlobalTIS. I triple checked every step as I did it and the installation seemed to work well.
Thanls to Laminator too for encouragement.
BUT READ ON.
I connect the Tech2 to the car and try to adjust driver door locking so it asks me to get Security Access. I then disconnect from car and connect to PC (XP) and Global TIS
However although the right screens appear on trying for Security Access it does not get it. It simply tells me that an error occurred:
I have tried every COM port and USB socket combination. Same result.
I have a Prolific USB/Serial adapter which I read someone else used successfully.
Has anyone tried to eliminate the Serial to RJ45 adapter and go straight from USB to RJ45? For instance with this KY-RD9700 ??

101 - 120 of 143 Posts