SaabCentral Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I would get a working laptop and load XP
Maybe buy a cheap SSD for your existing laptop.
You can easily get a working XP SP3 image....there some links in this section somewhere.
I think I got it working!!!! I did! :):):) this was way to long to figure out. I should have just used my old laptop in the first place. Would have saved me a huge headache. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Error Message - Registry Access Error"

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Following jvanabra's instructions I am getting an error message, early in the process, when installing the dongle emulator.

After TIS2000 is installed, you need to install the dongle emulator.

1. Open up the flash drive on the old computer
2. Double click on the TIS2000 folder
3. Double click on the Drivers folder
4. Double click on DDINST32.EXE
5. Choose Express installation
6. When it's done, choose Exit

When I choose express installation I receive "Registry Access Error"

The computer is a wiped clean Dell Inspirion 32 bit. I did the SP4 security upgrade and installed the TIS2000 without issue. I am kinda going crazy here as I had the same error on a different computer, which I didn't want to wipe clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am the administrator (there are no other user accounts). I pulled the TIS 2000 file from the Tech2 Software sticky, ultimately from dspargo's google drive.

Another thing I noticed is if I right click on my computer and look at the System Properties it shows Service Pack 3, is this right? I went through the install (following your link) and the system rebooted. I was thinking that maybe since it was "unofficial" it wouldn't show up in the system properties. I did try to install it a second time, but there was not a change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am the administrator (there are no other user accounts). I pulled the TIS 2000 file from the Tech2 Software sticky, ultimately from dspargo's google drive.

Another thing I noticed is if I right click on my computer and look at the System Properties it shows Service Pack 3, is this right? I went through the install (following your link) and the system rebooted. I was thinking that maybe since it was "unofficial" it wouldn't show up in the system properties. I did try to install it a second time, but there was not a change.
Is the file in a zipped/compressed folder? I have found that some applications won't run without first being extracted/unzipped.

BTW - I installed TIS2000 on WinXP SP3 (in Virtual PC) without a problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't recall the extract method, aside from that I followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread and used the most recent software download in the forum sticky. In the end, even with the errors it worked and seems like all is good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
3. Chinese clone Tech 2, from No. 1 Auto Diagnostic via aliexpress.com.
4. Three PCMCIA cards from the same place. Two are Saab-English 148 and one is GM-English 33.004
I just received my Tech 2 and it only came with 1 PCMCIA card (for Saab). Do I need a second Saab card? Why? I thought just the one card just goes in the top of the tech 2 unit.

Everything seems to be working but I am not getting security access. (Error E3324: Access to Security Access was denied!) I'm trying to track that down but I thought I'd make sure I don't need a 2nd card for in the PC or something.

·
Super Moderator
19,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I just received my Tech 2 and it only came with 1 PCMCIA card (for Saab). Do I need a second Saab card? Why? I thought just the one card just goes in the top of the tech 2 unit.

Everything seems to be working but I am not getting security access. (Error E3324: Access to Security Access was denied!) I'm trying to track that down but I thought I'd make sure I don't need a 2nd card for in the PC or something.
Unless you plan to work on other makes of cars or really old Saabs all you need is the 148 card for your 2008.

In regards to security, did you perform a function with the tech2 on your car whereby it demanded you get security access? That has to be done first as it loads your VIN to the tech2. Also, I assume you are using the cracked TIS2000 from the software sticky AND NOT THE CD THAT COMES WITHE THE TECH2?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dongle Crack Testing?

I didn't use the CD that came with the device. Instead I downloaded the gz file from your sticky link.

I have an ancient Dell laptop running XP-SP3. I purchased a TrippLite adapter and it seems to be communicating with the device fine for everything else. I followed all instructions for installing the DongleCrack TIS2000 and it works fine except for the security access.

My goal is to check the configuration of the Soft Top Controller (STC). Mine is acting really crazy and I have come to the conclusion that it's not the sensors but the controller that's the problem.

Is there a way to test that the actual dongle crack of TIS is working properly? I'm just trying to start eliminating stuff.

If I can't solve this I might take a stab at using GlobalTIS instead.

Chris

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Try adding a key...you will then be told to go and get security access to do the job......follow the instructions to obtain it.
Then abort job.

·
Super Moderator
19,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
My goal is to check the configuration of the Soft Top Controller (STC). Mine is acting really crazy and I have come to the conclusion that it's not the sensors but the controller that's the problem.
You don't need security access to check functionality of a component. Until the tech2 tells you "Unplug me and get security access" it will never let you do that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Success!

GlobalTIS Instructions:
22. The 64-character software key should appear on the command line
23. WITHOUT PRESS ENTER, just start typing

>> key.txt

24. Now, finally, press Enter
25. More or less nothing should happen.
This was the only step that I struggled with. From your instructions I didn't understand that I had to actually include the characters ">>". I thought when reading through the printout of instructions that those were just pointing to what I needed to type. I feel stupid looking back but I might not be alone in making that mistake. Maybe including an example of what that full string should look like might be helpful.

All in all though, this was a brilliant writeup. I could never get TIS2000 to work for me but GlobalTIS worked beautifully and I now have security access. It went so smoothly that I only had time for one adult beverage! Thanks so much!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Maybe including an example of what that full string should look like might be helpful.
Unfortunately that is not possible as the key will vary from install to install.

Within the instructions, things that must be typed appear on a line by themselves. If it's on the line, it must be typed. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
TIS2000 setup does not start

Hey guys, I just got my Tech 2 clone and this thread has helped loads with setting things up and so on ( props to Dspargo for all the software and keeping the links alive ) however, I have a problem with attempting to install TIS2000, the cracked one from Dspargo's drive.

When I go to double-click setup for TIS2000, nothing happens. The installer simply does not run. Has any of you encountered this problem ? If so what was the fix ?

As a side note, I installed GlobalTIS also, following the activation instructions and it works like a charm, buuut i have an '06 Saab hence I need to have security access provided by TIS2000.

Halp pliz :cry::cry:

·
Super Moderator
19,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
GlobalTIS will give you security access.

·
Registered
37 Posts
GlobalTIS will give you security access.
Tried but Global Tis did not do it :cheesy: However after 1hr of fiddling with WindowsXP and VirtualBox, and of course not being poor and actually paying attention to jvanabra's instructions in the initial post, I discovered that if you do not LITERALLY make a folder called TIS2000, then extract the contents of the archive there, setup will not work at all.

After that it was smooth sailing from there. I can now start happily working on my car :evil::evil:

61 - 80 of 93 Posts