SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Must be the old version or it won't work...Java 6.

1. Open up the flash drive
2. Double click on Java 6 for global tis.exe
3. Run through the Java installer - it will only take a second.

Note the last screen after Java installs: Java will periodically check for updates. This is one of those reasons you don't want this computer connected to the internet - you do NOT want Java updating. It's important.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Uninstalled Java 8, rebooted, installed Java 6 from the TIS folder, rebooted, tested and same. Uninstalled/reinstalled GlobalTIS, tested, and same. Pop blocker off, Antivirus off, but same.

"IE cannot display the webpage" Hmmm.

Fresh build Windows XP with SP4 from links.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
All I can say is that I've been where you are where I know I did everything right but it still doesn't work. That's why I use TIS2000. Why are you going with globaltis?

·
Registered
7 Posts
To be able to reprogram the ECU. I was under the impression that the GlobalTIS has the ability to download the configuration files without a subscription.

·
Registered
813 Posts
TIS2000 will also work without a subscription, but it may not be as up-to-date as GlobalTIS and doesn't support the newest model year vehicles.

A new install of GlobalTIS should work on a clean XP installation. I think either the web server or the database isn't starting up for some reason.

Try to load http://localhost:9080 (without the /tis2web part). You should get an Apache Tomcat screen.
If not, then the web server isn't running; if you do, then there's something wrong with Transbase.
Go into Services (start button > run > type "services.msc" and press enter) and check if both services are running (the names both start with GlobalTIS; one is the Tomcat webserver and the other is the Transbase database).

If one service isn't started, and you can't start them manually, you'd have to do some digging into log files for errors. If you have any other software installed, they might be using the same ports that GTIS is trying to use - you can try reinstalling GTIS and changing the port numbers (for example, increase the default values by 100 or 1000).

I think you've got the installation part correct, but I have a video going through it if you're unsure. Having an incorrect Java version should not cause the problem you're having.

Try a clean install of XP SP3 without any updates. It's not ideal, but if you're only using the laptop for GTIS/TIS2000, it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, the Tomcat service will not start. GLOBALTIS_TC6 service starts and stops fine as well as COSIDS_TB but the GlobalTIS_TC6 service is stopped. When trying to start it error prompt,"Windows could not start the service ~ contact vendor".

Log file under Event Viewer for applications shows computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL.

Getting closer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What happens if i have BSR Stage 4 tune on the car?

***WARNING***

This procedure will break your car if not done right. I would not attempt your first one on your daily driver. You should buy a $100 one off of eBay or get one from a junkyard to test.

Install your “junkyard ECU” in your car. Make sure you remove the negative cable from your battery first. When completed attach the negative cable to the battery again.

Edit per CJPeterborough's feedback:

12 volt charger for the battery should be attached. The battery must be between 12.6 and 14 volts. The battery must be completely charged before programming.

You must use the AC adapter for Tech 2 and the one for the laptop.

1) Connect Tech 2 to your car.

2) Turn the key to on.

3) Turn Tech 2 on.

4) Select Service Programming System (SPS).

5) Select request info.

6) Select continue for it to pull the VIN, etc.

7) Select year and model for your car.

8) Select engine.

9) Select ECM.

10) Turn key to off…not to lock.

11) Select okay after you make sure you have everything off (headlights, radio, etc, and a full battery).

12) Wait

13) The VIN for the car you are sitting in should be shown.

14) Turn off the ignition.

15) Power off Tech 2.

16) Disconnect Tech 2 from the car.

17) Start TIS2000.

18) Connect to a laptop with TIS2000 (network cable to laptop).

19) Power on Tech 2 and leave at initial screen.

20) Click on Service Programming System (SPS) on laptop.

21) Select Tech 2 and reprogram (if you want to have multiple ECUs i.e. stock and tune).

22) Next screen select next.

23) Confirm that the VIN number is for the car you are sitting in then next.

24) Select the details for your car then next.

25) Reprogram screen...you should see the software part numbers, a note on what the new software version updates and the details for your car. Click on the reprog button.

26) This screen will show the progress for the update.

27) Next screen shows that you are done.

28) Unplug network cable.

29) Turn the key to on.

30) Connect your Tech 2 to your car. Select SPS then Program ECU. Follow the prompts. When done it should say programming successful.

31) Select diagnostics.

32) Select your car’s details.

33) Select all.

34) Select add/remove.

35) Select control modules.

36) Select ECM (engine control module).

37) Select add.

38) Get security access.

39) Select diagnostics.

40) Select your car’s details.

41) Select all.

42) Select add/remove.

43) Select control modules.

44) Select ECM (engine control module).

45) Select add.

46) Select the details for your car.

47) Select ok.

48) Select tire size.

49) Select your market.

50) Select no if you want to have multiple ECUs ie stock and tune.

51) Turn the key to the lock position.

52) Remove key.

53) DONE
What happens if i have BSR Stage 4 tune on the car?

Can i do this while having BSR Stage 4 tune? Or do i need to do something else?

·
Super Moderator
19,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Isn't there a screen where you have to select NO? And it wasn't very intutitive on what to select. I think that is the only part where you can screw it up.

Select "NO!" We want multiple ECUs so we can swap and tune to our hearts content.

What screen is that one?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i replaced the ecm on my 03 9-3ss 2.0t with an ecm from a 2.0T with rod kock and i an getting half boost and a knock sensor missing code that wont go away. i used my tech2 clone and add/remove to add the junkyard ecm without sps. now i requested the info from the ecm and when i connect to sps the vin is wrong and wont let me make changes.

edit. solved. key was in lock insteadof off

·
Registered
485 Posts
Must be the old version or it won't work...Java 6.

1. Open up the flash drive
2. Double click on Java 6 for global tis.exe
3. Run through the Java installer - it will only take a second.

Note the last screen after Java installs: Java will periodically check for updates. This is one of those reasons you don't want this computer connected to the internet - you do NOT want Java updating. It's important.

You can disable Java updates in the registry. This will also remove the manual update choice in Java. Crude, but effective.

64-bit:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy]

"EnableJavaUpdate"=dword:00000000
32-bit:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy]

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You can disable Java updates in the registry. This will also remove the manual update choice in Java. Crude, but effective.

64-bit:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy]

32-bit:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy]

Changed from 1 to 0 correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm downloaded the TIS2000 installation-files here on the site with included dongle crack. Only issue tough is that I am never able to complete the installation. I get an errormessage saying something like "E721 and please restart the update." This is my translation from swedish which I have chosen during install since I am from Sweden.

/Dave

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hmm downloaded the TIS2000 installation-files here on the site with included dongle crack. Only issue tough is that I am never able to complete the installation. I get an errormessage saying something like "E721 and please restart the update." This is my translation from swedish which I have chosen during install since I am from Sweden.

/Dave
What version of Windows?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Windows XP Pro 32bit. Gave up trying and installed Win 7 Ultimate 32bit which worked fine.

Is there any way that I can make sure the dongle crack is actually working?

Have never had to use any computer before in conjunction to car/Tech2. Only had older SAAB:s.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Windows XP Pro 32bit. Gave up trying and installed Win 7 Ultimate 32bit which worked fine.

Is there any way that I can make sure the dongle crack is actually working?

Have never had to use any computer before in conjunction to car/Tech2. Only had older SAAB:s.

It's working for everyone else but with all the things that can go wrong with a computer configuration it probably has a problem with just that computer.

Connect your Tech 2 to the Windows 7 machine and try to get security access to confirm that all is working.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Yes, that's correct. You have to do it this way in Java versions < 7.
In Java 6 you can disable updating through the control panel applet. From memory:

Start Menu
Control Panel
Java
Security tab
Uncheck "Check for updates"
OK

Just built two XP laptops two weeks ago for TIS, so I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

I disable this, but these machines still never connect to the internet. One, you shouldn't connect XP to the internet. Two, I am not 100% convinced the TISs won't phone home for some reason. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would like to thank you cause if it was not for you I will still be stuck with a non working tis2000 clone. Th and guys congrats to all

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 109 Posts