SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I've search tampered with etc. but alas I cannot find a way to lower the idle , am I missing something here??

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK Matthew, that NTC switch, I unhooked the thing and the revs went up to roughly 1200 RPM I took it out for a run, and wow, what a diff, the car was running a 100% better without it plugged, your opinion??, I'd love to be able to do all these tests, but unfortunatly I'm just running on tools, no meters etc availlable to me, should I run without it plugged, or would you say the bloody thing is defective, cause as soon as I plug it in, it's sluggish etc,

Thanks
Mike

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
With the NTC sensor disconnected the ECU will over-fuel as it thinks the engine's stone cold (cold start enrichment). The extra fuel washes off oil from the cylinder bores, resulting in excessive bore and ring wear.

Also, the excess fuel contaminates and starts to break down the engine oil, with consequent damage to bearings etc.

You can't really disgnose the NTC sensor's condition without a multimeter! You can buy one for less than US$10 (make sure to get a digital meter). It's really difficult to say for sue what's causing the high idle if you don't have tools to diagnose the fault! ;)

I seriously wouldn't drive the car very much at all with the NTC sensor disconnected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts