SaabCentral Forums banner

set of 4 Saab Ronal wheels/rims that I'd like to unload, make me an offer, no idea what they are worth

369 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  EdT
This is a set of four Saab Ronal wheels pre-owned. Been in my elderly neighbor's garage for a while. One of the center caps is a little scuffed. Not sure what models of car these would fit. I could maybe ship to the continental US. I think it would be about $100. I would be happy to field questions, but honestly do not know much about these. On each wheel it says 7.5Jx17H2 ET 49, 12 757 104, ROnal 1474 and made in Poland. And each wheel does have a unique serial number. All are in good shape, with some degree of road rash around the outer edge of each. could maybe be sanded down and repaired (see pics)

I did find this with a quick Google search: Ronal wheels are among the best-known and best-loved aftermarket alloy wheels in the world, famous for its iconic designs, high-quality material engineering processes and beautiful finishes.

Located in central IN.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11,885 Posts
Those are OG9-5 ALU 62 rims.

Product Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

Assuming that the wheel weights haven't all been removed--I see one in the first picture--check all four wheels for clamp-on weights (backside of rim) and stick-on weights in the barrel by the front of the rim. If there are minimal or zero weights, chances are good that the rims are round. That is a good thing!

Assuming that the rims are round, a bit of scuffing is to be expected, and they would be worth at least $50/rim, though of course they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I would not expect them to bring more than $100 per rim even if they were in pristine condition.

If one or more of the wheels are bent, then they're not worth that much in my opinion.

If you want to really know their condition, find a friendly tire store or mechanic with a wheel balancer, and have them spin up each rim to check for roundness.

I have come across a lot of rim sets where one or more rims is bent. You can't balance your way to a smooth ride with bent rims.

The good thing here is that these rims were kind of default on later 9-5s, so even two or three good rims would be of interest to someone with a damaged rim or two.

Hope this helps!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx so much! That is great information. Price wise about what I was thinking. Although the trick, like you said, is finding that unique buyer who is in the market for something like this...

· Registered
760 Posts
@domerdog presuming those are the same as what I currently have (stock from a 2006 9-5), I'd be interested in at least one, possibly all, depending on price. I'm in St. Louis, MO, so not terribly far from you, but right now I'm not sure when I could drive over to pick them up.

· Registered
15,472 Posts
I'm interested if they can fit around the brembos on my 9-5, but I'm in Colorado.

As far as the brembo fitment, can you measure the offset from the hub to the inside of the spoke?
They will fit if you have original brakes.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they are worth about $50 apiece per earlier discussion in this thread. I would like to sell as a set. Full disclosure though one of the wheels does have probably a dozen or so stick-on weights on it. If you were thinking about making the drive I would feel better sending more pics so you know exact condition. I have one local person inquiring, too but I think they are looking to re-sell them, so would feel better selling to you if you need them. Thx and lmk...Jim H

· Registered
11,885 Posts
I will note that the last time I took some alloy rims to the friendly scrap dealer, they were worth $10-15 per rim, and none of those was a 17" rim, which tend to be heavier.

If I was in the area and was driving a car that is using these same rims, I would jump on this. Maybe cut a deal and/or negotiate. However, it's so easy to bend rims if you are in an area with potholes or debris, or winter (slide into a curb, oops!). Having a spare few rims in good condition to replace any damaged rims would be totally worth the cost. And you could have a full-sized spare and do a full five-wheel tire rotation! :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts